Hey, It's Favoire CrapFighter(tm) time!

Point defense/scout fighters aren't supposed to be knocking over capships. :D Personally, I find those two extra IR or HS missiles (the missiles I use 99% percent of the itime in WC3) to be a lifesaver in scramble missions. If I want to knock over capships, I'd a take a Thunderbolt's torpedo capability any day.

Best. Raptor

Point defense/scout fighters aren't supposed to be knocking over capships. Personally, I find those two extra IR or HS missiles (the missiles I use 99% percent of the itime in WC3) to be a lifesaver in scramble missions. If I want to knock over capships, I'd a take a Thunderbolt's torpedo capability any day.

Well I can't say that given the choice I would prefer a thunderbolt versus capships... but unfortunatly it's not always an option... However the Arrow and Hellcat V are allways available (probably a lot cheaper too)...

I also have to admit that I am in love (sort of) with the Hellcat, so I would defend it any time of the day....

Where all are all these Hellcat lovers coming from? Ever since Col.Dom made his addiction known, they've been coming out of the woodwork :confused: :rolleyes:

Fortunately, groups like WAYNE GARTH are working fervishly to cure Hellcatites and restore them to productive, LOAF-worshipping members of society.

Originally posted by Penguin
Where all are all these Hellcat lovers coming from? Ever since Col.Dom made his addiction known, they've been coming out of the woodwork :confused: :rolleyes:

Much to my surprise, I am quite an influential being :cool:

Of course there are a lot of Hellcat fans out there! It's a perfectly well-rounded ship and gets the job done extra-well. It has the right mix of everything- speed, agility, power (although I long for a Hellcat VI with either four or two tachyons), defense... it's a great fighter.

HELLCATS WOOO HOOO!!

We've always been here, baby. We're watching you...

It'ds like anything else. Once it becomes cool to be "out", they start coming out of the closet in droves. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor

It'ds like anything else. Once it becomes cool to be "out", they start coming out of the closet in droves. :D

Best, Raptor

So is there something you want to tell us Raptor? Is your walk-in getting a little stuffy? :)

Anyway, I really don't see the problem. We'll keep touting the Cat just as long as you keep dissing it. Personally, the Raptor (your namesake) and the Hellcat to me are the creme-de-la-creme of the WC universe.

On another note, this whole controversy can't be solved unless we can go online and duke it out in the Hellcat and whatever you want to fly. CIC programming regulars who have tons of time need apply!!! :)

C-ya

Hate list:
WC1: Scimitar
WC1SM1:Dralthi (fun to fly but they retried scim so they have to make new crap fighter to game)
WC2: EPEE (Oh, that pain. I newer learned to fly it. )
WC2SO1&2:CROSSBOW (Give me my old Broadsword back! )
WC3: HELLCAT (I too ether Arrow or Thunderbolt, hellcat was too slow, stiff and didn´t have enough armour and guns.)
WC4: HELLCAT (OH! Not agan! AARGH!)
Propechy: that light fighter in beginning...

I find this whole thing rather amusing. On the one hand, you have the Hellcat enthusiasts arguing about how great their favorite fighter is, and how it takes a great pilot to use it properly.
Of course, everyone slams them for it.

But what surprises me is that no one has pointed out that the Epee is much better suited for those so-called "great piloting" skills that are supposed to show up when successfully using a Hellcat. The Epee is highly maneuverable, which allows a good pilot to show off his piloting skills. It's overgunned, which encourages true marksmenship. It's got paper thin armor and shields, which, of course, is no deterrent to a GOOD pilot, since they simply don't get hit in the first place.

Hehehe
Now everyone loves the Epee and the Ferret !
They are fast,nimble,with a lot of fire power for the size.....
c´mon.......

Originally posted by Col.Dom

Much to my surprise, I am quite an influential being :cool:

Of course there are a lot of Hellcat fans out there! It's a perfectly well-rounded ship and gets the job done extra-well. It has the right mix of everything- speed, agility, power (although I long for a Hellcat VI with either four or two tachyons), defense... it's a great fighter.

HELLCATS WOOO HOOO!!

Hmmm...Hellcat VI, huh? I would give it:

Max speed: 450kps
Max afterburner: 1200kps
Turn rate: 65/65/65dps
Shields front/rear/port/starboard: 250/250/250/250
Armor front/rear/port/starboard: 120/120/100/100
Guns: 2 particle/2 light tachyon
Missiles: 2X4 medium (2IR/2IR/2FF/2FF)
Decoys: 32
Autoslide: yes
Atmosphere: yes
Jump: no

A little better all around, but not overpowered--this ship would be just a bit less powerful than the Panther.

Originally posted by Raptor
Cool. Your Hellcat versus my Vampire. Muahahahhaha!!!

Best, Raptor

The network gaming would have to be within each game (WCP vs WCP ships, WC3 vs WC3 ships) or your Vampire would dust my Hellcat, no matter how much better I can fly than you. Besides, I'd take a panther up against your arrogant ass Vampire anyday :D

C-ya

Back