Hey, It's Favoire CrapFighter(tm) time!

-<Stiletto>-

Spaceman
Alright, What's -Your- Favorite Crappy Fighter? We've got all kinds of choices... Of course, Ferret's not on there, because a ferret will beat a Dragon/Lance Any day, and such...

Crap fighter Roll call!

Epee gets the favourite crappy fighter for me. Never cared much for a fighter with paper-thin shields and insufficient armour, although I admit it was a challenge to fly and to use its speed and maneuverability to their fullest potential.

The only fighter worse than that I can think of is probably the Dralthi Mk 2, although for some reason I find mass drivers more reliable than particle cannons.

For y'all's information, I get blown up more often in a Ferret on the hardest difficulty than an Epee, so you guys must suck or are looking for a scapegoat!! Poor Epee...

Worst fighter...a toss-up b/w Dralthi Is and Hornets. Taking out Grathas in a Hornet with just a pair of lasers tested my patience.

Originally posted by Wulf
For y'all's information, I get blown up more often in a Ferret on the hardest difficulty than an Epee, so you guys must suck or are looking for a scapegoat!! Poor Epee...
Man... you're full of it aren't you? There isn't even a "hardest difficulty" level in WC2...

I rather liked the Hornet, but it sucked getting dropped back into a Hornet at the start of SM2 after flying Rapiers and shit. 2nd Mission of SM2 in a Hornet is evil, oh first Nav point here comes 50 thousand Jalthi with 6 guns a piece. Eh, I'm actually stuck on that mission in SWC right now which is why I bitch :)

I remember that mission (in the PC version at least)... are you stuck because you actually try to destroy the 3 Fralthi when you're only supposed to do some recon? :D

To make it harder, fool! Besides, after beating it legit so many times, who cares about a little tampering? It's always been a great game, but even better on a harder level!

Even though it could ge aggravating flying an Epee, I have to say I wasn't much of a fan of the Scim. It was just too lackluster in my opinion...

I think the worst fighter is the Dralthi I and of course, (yes, of course my dear Col.Dom :p ) for the player side the Hellcat V which is such a boring piece of crap I can't words for it.

Have any of you ever come across a WC fighter that you would judge as TOO maneuverable for its own good? As in, so maneuverable that it would be difficult to get an enemy fighter within your crosshairs, because the whole ship turns too fast in one direction? I think the Dralthi Mk II was like that for me.

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-
Sarthi!
No such thing. ;)

I love all my fighters equally... although some are more equal than others. :) No, really, I can't think of a fighter I particularly hate right now, if ever.

The crappiest fighter in the game series would have to be those Nephilim Lamprey's. How pathetic are THOSE things? I usually just fly straight in, guns blazing... :D Easiest things to kill, and I'd think they'd be nearly impossible to survive piloting.

Originally posted by Manic
The crappiest fighter in the game series would have to be those Nephilim Lamprey's. How pathetic are THOSE things? I usually just fly straight in, guns blazing... :D Easiest things to kill, and I'd think they'd be nearly impossible to survive piloting.

Poor shield-suckers never really got their shield-sucking power:(

Back