Hey, It's Favoire CrapFighter(tm) time!

Of course. Even as you read this seemingly innocent message, the implanted subliminal messages from the Vindicator Cult are reaching deeper into your mind.... :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by mpanty
Great, you can join Mekt in his "I love deathtraps" club... :p
You mean the club of the cool and hip fighter pilots! :)

Originally posted by Ijuin

Hmmm...Hellcat VI, huh? I would give it:

Max speed: 450kps
Max afterburner: 1200kps
Turn rate: 65/65/65dps
Shields front/rear/port/starboard: 250/250/250/250
Armor front/rear/port/starboard: 120/120/100/100
Guns: 2 particle/2 light tachyon
Missiles: 2X4 medium (2IR/2IR/2FF/2FF)
Decoys: 32
Autoslide: yes
Atmosphere: yes
Jump: no

A little better all around, but not overpowered--this ship would be just a bit less powerful than the Panther.

Not overpowered? In terms of WCP-technology, agreed. For WC3 and 4 rather...

Allow me to complete the thread for you all.

PERSON 1: Haha! The Hellcat is great! I love the Hellcat! Haha!
PERSON 2: You suck because you like the Hellcat! Haha!
PERSON 3: Haha! Well, I like the Epee!

REPEAT 60 TIMES.

It's too bad that Confed didn't upgrade the shields of the T-bolts and Excals to use the new alien upgrades the newer ships enjoyed. They might have actually stood a chance.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
It's too bad that Confed didn't upgrade the shields of the T-bolts and Excals to use the new alien upgrades the newer ships enjoyed. They might have actually stood a chance.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the "new alien upgrades" merely consist of better IR missiles and the Midway's Fire-and-Forget weapon? Considering that the second Nephilim invasion occurred within days of Blair's funeral, I don't think Confed had the time needed to upgrade the fleet - and even if Confed had the time, and had actually upgraded, it wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

I think that the Exals were kindda standing up ok. They were kindda obsolete by that time, but I wouldn't have minded fighting in one for a mission or two. With a cloak they certainly would have been more effective though. :D

There are indications that some prophecy fighters have cloak capability... however, cloak is inneffective against the Nephilim so it's not really a tactical advantage.

Well, that foils my plans...

Ineffective? :eek: They could see through the cloaking device? What did they get tips from the Jem'Hadar or something?

Yes they could see through the cloak... hence why 6 Excaliburs fitted for trans-system sureillance were lost to them before any information got back... There's also the scene that was cut showing how they can see through cloak that has bits still in the game files, but that's hardly official.

Boy that sucks. Poor guys prolly didn't know what hit them. Too bad the cloak doesn't work it could have been a good counter measure in WCP and WCP:SO. Ohhh well...

Originally posted by Bob McDob
I run the Non-Canon Landreich Connie Club...

How can I put this delicately... if you're incredibly stupid one more time I'll ban you forever.

Originally posted by Col.Dom
...although I long for a Hellcat VI...
In which case it'd be a completely different Hellcat.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Allow me to complete the thread for you all.
REPEAT 60 TIMES.
Well said.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
If you're referring to the ships in SO, I think they were mostly in-system fighters (as opposed to carrier-based fighters) meaning they would tend not to be on the front lines and hence have lower priority for upgrades, etc.

Originally posted by junior
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the "new alien upgrades" merely consist of better IR missiles and the Midway's Fire-and-Forget weapon?
I think the fighters also had some shield upgrades - it's hard to tell in-game, but I think you can see multiple setups for Confed fighters using WCPEdit.

Considering that the second Nephilim invasion occurred within days of Blair's funeral, I don't think Confed had the time needed to upgrade the fleet...
Good point.

Originally posted by TC
There's also the scene that was cut showing how they can see through cloak that has bits still in the game files, but that's hardly official.

Is there a way to extract it from the game for view?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the "new alien upgrades" merely consist of better IR missiles and the Midway's Fire-and-Forget weapon? Considering that the second Nephilim invasion occurred within days of Blair's funeral, I don't think Confed had the time needed to upgrade the fleet - and even if Confed had the time, and had actually upgraded, it wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

I'll correct you ;): There were also improvements in the shield strength for the WCP ships Wasp, Vampire and Devastator. Their total shield strength was augmented by 100 according to the WCP guide.

Originally posted by Zor Prime

Is there a way to extract it from the game for view?

No, because there isn't a movie... you can find the subtitles in there somewhere...

Back