Here's a sequel idea for WC...

Hmm... the "Tolwyn dies with the Behemoth" thing seems like it might be worth pondering... would the Lance go balls-out to avenge the death of their leader or would they just go quietly under the guidance of whoever was next up the chain of command? Did the Lance even exist @ that point in time as a fanatical elitist group? Didnt Blair recognize some of Seether's style, indicating that he had previously flown with Seether (probably in standard-issue craft...)?

Given that The Project's goal was to restart conflict following the end of the Kilrathi war, it almost certainly wouldn't exist were the war still going on. :) The genetically enhanced pilots were initially created to fight the Kilrathi, though - we'd probably see that.

Bob McDob said:
Wouldn't that be kind of boring, though? :\ (Although I agree Origin's habit of blowing up your carrier after every other game gets kind of tiresome).
They only did it twice... is that really enough for it to get tiresome (or be called a habit :p)?

Murray said:
Have you flown the Border world ships in WC3? Or where was the crappy carrier you were stationed? How about the Dragon Fighters?

I was being sarcastic. But the fact remains that WC4 used the same gaming engine as WC3, as well as many of the same ship designs. The only thing really changed was the story itself, with a few new ships thrown in and textures for the cap ships, along with game tweaks.

The Intrepid died too, IIRC, but that was all UE's fault. :D Yes, flying off a new ship each game can become annoying, which is why we have fanmade additions. I have noticed that a LOT of the fanwork done to games is superior to the "official" release. (Eder's models for WCP, ANY fanmade gun model for Counterstrike...)

Couterstrike was, to begin with, 'fan made'. Mods have a significant advantage over real games - they don't have stringent deadlines, and they generally don't have any of the tech requirements. Prophecy has to be able to run on a circa-97 mid-level Pentium 90... UE doesn't.

I'll take a 9-to-5 3d modelling job with deadlines and paychecks over a lunch-break/late-night 3d modelling hobby without deadlines or paychecks any day, though :p

Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out exactly what tone someone is trying to use just with text, too, though. So it might not completely be your lack of familiarity with the language... :)

TheFraix said:
Regarding Movie... isn't the movieverse like something... paralel to the game universe?

I believe the movie is in the same universe as the games, but just different times. The movie takes place before WC1 era.

You are telling me that in a few months they completely rebuilt the Tiger's Claw? It takes 5 years to build a fleet carrier so this complete rebuild would take at least a few years. Noit to mention that WCATV takes place before the WCM because Blair is a cadet in the show and a 2nd Lieutenant in the movie yet the Claw from WCATV looks like the one from WC1.

No... the... Tiger's Claw wasn't destroyed in the movie... so... they wouldn't need to rebuild it...

Yeah but it looks completelly different in WC1 so they to had to have modified it. Or is the WCM Claw not the same as the WC1?

It's just a modernized look for the same ship - just like they changed it for Super Wing Commander (or to a lesser extent, on Academy).

Back