Greatest Wing Commander Moments?

I always hated the fact that the WC shots were balls. When I saw the Armada intro I thought:"Yes, finally!" but then balls again . I was also really astonished to see that the Priv Lasers were streaks but the other ones not, I never understood that. Then WC3 came, the shots all streaks and I thought: "Great that's what you wanted all the time...hmm, a bit boring." :)
I think in WCP they made a good job. The streaks look good, the Mass Driver just HAS to be a silver ball and the Particle cannon shots really look awesome.I would have wanted this other gun implemented: You can use it when you use Thomas Bruckner's WCPedit. It is a mix of ball and streak in light blue. That looked cool :cool:

I, personally, have always loved the balls... they seemed so *different* from the traditional 'streak' -- and they gave each weapon a distinct personality. In WC3, it seems like you're just firing 10 different colors of laser.

The ball shape weapons fire was unique. I agree with LOAF about the different colors of laser streaks. They just looked to similar except for the name of the weapon and its sound effect and color, but the streak was the same shape, size etc. As the song says.."Balls to the Wall, MAN!"

RFB

I like the bug's light plasma fire balls in SO. They look like one of those corona generators that shoot sparks inside the glass ball. I made on of those once, it was off the magazine Popular Electronics, and used a clear 100 watt light bulb. They called it "The poor mans globe" :D

RFB

But the green Gorgon shots in WCP looked stupid. And all the alien shots from SOPS looked so incredibly, incredibly stupid :( . I guess when the gunstats get downgraded they also become looking stupid...

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-09-2001 at 15:04]

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
In WC3, it seems like you're just firing 10 different colors of laser.
I totally agree! :) The bolts in WC1 rocked!

I especially liked the sound of the Mass Drivers...

<bop> <bop> <bop>... :D

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
But the green Gorgon shots in WCP looked stupid. And all the alien shots from SOPS looked so incredibly, incredibly stupid :( . I guess when the gunstats get downgraded they also become looking stupid...

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-09-2001 at 15:04]

Oh, I don't know. Those green globs looked pretty scary when fired head-on. Though I guess that was partly due to knowledge of what one of them could do to your shields.

Best, Raptor

I think too that it was mainly their power that made you (and me) itch when they hurled towards you.
They looked so, I now it is bad to say, but they looked so unrealistic.

Oh yes: <bop> <bop> <bop> indeed.
Are you making fun of me? ;)

Perhaps you prefer the <tchic> <tchic> <tchic> sound they made in WC2? :)

No, actually I thought that your <bop> <bop> <bop> is the most perfect imitation of the Mass Driver sound in WC1. This sound has been burned in my mind and is a synonym for WC1.

So prepare to be shocked, but I wanted to praise you. This sound evoked deep emotions in me. <g>

The ten or so posts you put up around this same time are all about how you hate things or they're stupid or unrealistic... if you hate WC so much, why are you here <G>?

Originally posted by Quarto
But as for Tolwyn, when Blair says that he would do it again if necessary, Tolwyn replies, "Yes, I believe you would" - and smiles.
Hmm, I don't remember the smile... but then again, it was kinda hard to read Tolwyn's wrinkly facial expressions.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

The ten or so posts you put up around this same time are all about how you hate things or they're stupid or unrealistic... if you hate WC so much, why are you here <G>?

I am here, Mr LOAF, because I love WC. Of course there are some things that I disapprove with. You have certainly realized that many things I dislike are about SOPS. And now tell me: Don't the alien shots from SOPS look stupid compared to those of WCP?
I think in most of my post you can easily see that I am very fond of WC. If I wrote about everything I like it would take me some days and it should be unnecessary to state explicity what I like about WC. And I don't think that I ever complained about realism in WC.

BTW: What about the book trade? I sent youn an email to the other address.

BTW: What about the book trade? I sent youn an email to the other address.
LOAF is a busy man, Mekt...
Be patient... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 04-11-2001 at 15:25]

*LOL* even though not if they're on Easter holidays and have to learn for their examination....poor Mekt...
But other people also have to learn and work.

Back