Greatest Wing Commander Moments?

LOAF, nope, what I mean is the explosions for capships suck, the gun appearances go back to the wc1-2 style of "ball" weapons vs the streaks of energy that one sees in WC3/4 which I contend is much more realistic, the cutscenes in wc both the ones with actors and without were better in WCIV. Ect, this is what I mean.

BTW I can't seem to win the Ralri mission, I don't have enough time to take out all the bastards, does anyone have any pointers on what I should do?

My 5 "glorius" moments...

1. Killing more then 70 bugs in the final mission in WCP on nightmare
2. To see the cutscenes in WC3
3. Using the Plasma Cannon on board the Devastator to take out fighters :)
4. After the first mission in WC1 getting a Bronze Medal and promotion to 1st Lt.
5. To end WCIV the right way

[Edited by iCe on 04-08-2001 at 12:26]

Hm, lets see whether I'll get five together. Do you mean past, present or future? I'll take all.

1)The information which will maybe come one day, that a new WC will come out.
2) To get WC4 running on my K6, 350MgH with Win98.
3) Also the last P. mission without being killed.
4) The first WC mission I played,of P and thinking 'wow, you need more of that'.
5)The way I will ever bring Wc4 to an end. It doesn't matter whether it is the 'right one' but it should be AN end!
6) (just optional) seeing the graphic of WC4 on my PC (LOL, the first moment I thought my PC 'dies' the hero death. Then just: Turn it off! Turn it off! and then my screen was black and the PC rebooted.) That should be no. 1 in the list. It was the best experience I ever had.:eek:

Tough call:
Best moments:
1)WC1, everything in it!
2)WC2, everything but especially the talking Kilrathi 8"I have heard enough of Khasra!") and blowing Jazz up
3)Managing to outrun the Steltek drone in Priv
4)Watching the WC4 cutscenes
5)Seeing the graphics in WCP

Saddest moments:
1)Blowing Kilrah up
2)Realizing that Hobbes is the traitor
3)Spirit's death
4)Angel's death
5)Realizing that Tolwyn is the bad guy (but he was a darn good bad guy!)

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-08-2001 at 14:39]

*Gasp* Mekt-Hakkikt say it was an oversight!
You block, you stone, you worse then senseless things! O you hard heart, you cruel fan of wing commander, knew you not Vagabond?

Originally posted by Napoleon
Ok I cannot edit my message anymore but what I meant to say was "Realizing that WCP has worse graphics than WCIV"

WCP has worse graphics than WCIV? You must be playing Prophecy in software mode. I never seen the game in software mode so I couldnt really say either way. I dont know if there are many games anymore still rendering in software mode, since just about any computer you get off the shelf has a good 3D vid card nowadays. Might invest in one soon if I were you.

RFB

I am sorry but I only took the FIVE saddest moments. Vagabond's death was sad indeed, but not as sad as Angel's or Spirit's, probably because he was introduced later. I did not include Bossman's death either, although I found it very sad too. But for you, I will add those two deaths:
Saddest moments (continued):
6)Vagabond's death
7)Bossman's death

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-08-2001 at 15:23]

Landing on the Victory was kind of cool, after the auto-landings of 1, 2 and Prophecy (which I played before 3). I'm kind of impatient, though, so I always blaze in at full afterburners, and cut my speed at the last second. Freaks the landing crew out. :)

Best moments:

1) Playing WC1 for the first time, and blowing up some Dralthis and Salthis in my Hornet... :)
2) Stepping into Halcyon's office to get my first promotion
3) Getting my first Bronze Star... and then Silver and Gold stars...
4) Getting the Terran Confederation Medal of Honor after that mission in Venice
5) Getting the Terran Confederation Medal of Honor after that mission in SO1 [edit: SM1 I mean]
6) Flying a captured Dralthi for the first time
7) Saving the Firekkans...
8) Blowing up a Ralatha for the first time in WC2
9) Getting Tolwyn to recognize he's been wrong, at the end of WC2
10) Saving Ghorah Khar (the whole SO1 campaign was amazing)
11) Blowing up Kilrah and seeing the cutscene for the first time
12) Seeing a new cinematic sequence in WC IV
13) Finishing WC IV as a flight instructor...

Worst moments

1) Destruction of Goddard
2) Feeling sorry for Bossman and Angel in SO2 [edit: in SM2 I mean] :(
3) Destruction of the Tiger's Claw and Tolwyn calling you a traitor
4) Spirit's death
5) The destruction of the Behemoth and Hobbes' treason
6) Bombing of Telamon

[Edited by mpanty on 04-08-2001 at 17:31]

Problem with the movie for me was, that except for the names, it had nothing in common with the games. If it hadn't been called Wing Commander, I could have enjoyed it very much.
And of course that Pilgrim shit was just so ********* (IMO).

(mpanty, speaking of nitpicking: Are you sure you felt sorry for Bossman and Angel in SO2? I knew humans are mentally slow but that is really amazing. ;) :p )

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

(mpanty, speaking of nitpicking: Are you sure you felt sorry for Bossman and Angel in SO2? I knew humans are mentally slow but that is really amazing.)
WTF is the cat talking about?

Bossman died, I felt sorry for him... Angel was blaming herself for her wingman's death, I also felt sorry for her...

You Kilrathi probably do not know any other feelings beyond "honour"... :p

I think you mean SM2, not SO2. The addons for WC1 are called Secret Missions, the addons for WC2 Special Operations. And as Bossman died in SM2, it would have been a bit late to feel sad just in SO2. ;)
Plus, I do not think you get a Pewter Planet in SO1, but in WC1/SM2 (in SM1 you "only" get a Gold Star)

(I told you, I was nitpicking :) )

BTW: Now that the WCP addon (or supplement or whatever, I do not want to start that topic again) has been called Secret operations, I wonder if the next will be called Special Missions.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-08-2001 at 17:23]

I think you mean SM2, not SO2.
Ok, my bad... I made a little typo... :)

Plus, I do not think you get a Pewter Planet in SM1, but in WC1/SM2 (in SM1 you "only" get a Gold Star)
Ehm... I'm not sure... we'd have to ask LOAF... what's for sure, is that you can only get the Pewter Planet on TWO occasions in the whole WC1 campaign (including SM1 and 2)

BTW: Now that the WCP add-on has been called Secret operations, I wonder if the next will be called Special Missions.
Next? There will be a next? When? When? ;)

Originally posted by mpanty
I think you mean SM2, not SO2.
Ok, my bad... I made a little typo...

Once again, the Kilrathi are victorious. :)

Plus, I do not think you get a Pewter Planet in SM1, but in WC1/SM2 (in SM1 you "only" get a Gold Star)
Ehm... I'm not sure... we'd have to ask LOAF... what's for sure, is that you can only get the Pewter Planet on TWO occasions in the whole WC1 campaign (including SM1 and 2)
[/quote] [/b]
I think you can trust me on this one, but if it pleases you

BTW: Now that the WCP add-on has been called Secret operations, I wonder if the next will be called Special Missions.
Next? There will be a next? When? When?
[/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't mean to be cruel and stir hopes.

Originally posted by mpanty
Next? There will be a next? When? When?
Sorry, I didn't mean to be cruel and stir hopes.
Ah ah... I bet you bear those hopes as well, don't you? :)

[Edited by mpanty on 04-08-2001 at 17:40]

Back