Greatest Wing Commander Moments?

No, that time I was talking about us, the WC fans, regardless of race or sex or whatever. ;)
And even if we lay down our arms, our claws and fangs ar enough for your soft human skin.
"The Kilrathi do not surrender(...)!"

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-08-2001 at 17:52]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

"The Kilrathi do not surrender(...)!"
Huh? How about that Kamekh under attack by pirates in SO1?..

Sooo... it was trying to double-cross us, huh! :mad: I knew it!

I think that dying when the odds are definitely not in your favour is just plain stupid... give surrender a shot (except to Kilrathi, who'll torture you to death... ;) )

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Dying for the glory of your race (...)
When the odds are very bad, it's not what I call "glory", it's what I call "stupidity"... :)

So what. If you surrender you are taken to a prison camp and made to work for the enemy. This is not favourable.
But I knew you woudn't understand the concept of honour. Taking as much of the enemy with you before you are granted passage to Sivar's realm.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-08-2001 at 18:15]

Indeed... I can understand for you Kilrathi...

And for us humans, surrendering most certainly implies torture to death, so then again, I'd prefer dying with stupidity... ;)

Didn't know what the English equivalent was, thanks. (But don't say that it is better, it really ticks me off)
Anyway, mpanty, I enjoyed the time here with you (and the rest, of course) but it is time for bed for me. I 'll just answer the other posts and then good night.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
1. Talking to Iceman about his daughter being rescued in SM2. I still cry when I see that bit.
That was really sweet. I even missed that bit at first, 'cause Iceman karked it due to the series overflow error. :(

Originally posted by Quarto
One of the most memorable moments from WC2, though, was the Bridge scene after you rescue Stingray. It was the first time you got some inkling of respect from Admiral Tolwyn, "and I appreciate that!"
Did he really say that? All I remember was Tolwyn reprimanding Blair for disobeying orders - no appreciation for rescuing Stingray whatsoever.

Originally posted by Napoleon
LOAF, nope, what I mean is the explosions for capships suck, the gun appearances go back to the WC1-2 style of "ball" weapons vs the streaks of energy that one sees in WC3/4 which I contend is much more realistic.
I had to play WCP in software at first, and even that was pretty good.

The explosions may be poor, but the you can't fault the team for not having enough time.

And the ball vs beam argument: it's a matter of opinion, but I liked the Prophecy guns better - more variety than simply giving multi-coloured polygons. That's why I rarely bothered to work out what fighter carried what in WC3/4. Besides, the Mass Driver in WC4 was a 'ball' weapon, so there! :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Originally posted by Quarto
One of the most memorable moments from WC2, though, was the Bridge scene after you rescue Stingray. It was the first time you got some inkling of respect from Admiral Tolwyn, "and I appreciate that!"
Did he really say that? All I remember was Tolwyn reprimanding Blair for disobeying orders - no appreciation for rescuing Stingray whatsoever.
No, the "and I appreciate that!" part was quoted from Stingray :). But as for Tolwyn, when Blair says that he would do it again if necessary, Tolwyn replies, "Yes, I believe you would" - and smiles.

My Top Five Memorable Moments, in no particular order:

1. WCIII - introductory movie.
2. WCIII - the revelation of Angel's death.
3. WCIV - Tolwyn stepping from the shadows at the Black Lance base in Axius. Even though it wasn't a shocking surprise at that point, it was eerie nonetheless.
4. WCII - the conversation in the barracks with Spirit, wherein she reveals that someone -- the traitor -- had informed her that her husband was being held on the Heaven's Gate starbase. It had such an ominous feel to it.
5. WCP - Hawk telling Casey what happened to his father. Can you imagine what Casey must have felt at that moment?

[Edited by OriginalPhoenix on 04-09-2001 at 00:10]

Back