Game intro poll

Which Wing Commander game introduction is your favorite?

• Wing Commander

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Wing Commander II

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Privateer/ Righteous Fire

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Wing Commander III

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Wing Commander IV

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Wing Commander Prophecy

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Kilrathi Saga

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Privateer 2

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Armada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Academy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The one for Wc4 is the best cause it sets up alot of the storyline throughout the hole game.

Wc3 set up the beginning but really didnt have depth
WcP just set it up as well as most the others.

I got Privateer 2 last week, and the intro for it is pretty cool. Seems the game doesnt have a lot to do with Wing Commander though. I like when the assassins storm the hospital, and the ship shoots out the windows.

Originally posted by Stunner

What about whole thing with Angel, it set that up. Thrakhath calling Blair the Heart of the Tiger is part of the traitor plot and some other things....

Originally posted by Stunner

Yeah, just ignore the showing of Kilrah, the fate of the Concordia, Blair's apparent guilt over the Tiger's Claw incident, his rather spotty talk with Tolwyn, the news broadcast about an evac of Earth and the whole Eisen talk.

Yeah, no character depth there.

Originally posted by LeHah

Yeah, just ignore the showing of Kilrah, the fate of the Concordia, Blair's apparent guilt over the Tiger's Claw incident, his rather spotty talk with Tolwyn, the news broadcast about an evac of Earth and the whole Eisen talk.

Yeah, no character depth there.

Don't forget his reaction to the Victory, and seeing (in the middle of his despair) a floating 'hunk of junk'.

Wc4 was my favorite. Great music, great action. I was able to get lost in the movie and forget that I was playing a game.

Some, but I see it as a compliment to those who made it. It was a very enjoyable experience the first time I saw it.

Originally posted by WildWeasel

Some might see that as a problem.

True, but I feel that the movie part of WC4 was certainly very artistic and showed that Chris Roberts could direct, well at least better than some people.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Some, but I see it as a compliment to those who made it. It was a very enjoyable experience the first time I saw it.

Very true indeed.

Well I'm going to show my age

I first got Wing Commander back in 1991 when I had a brand new Commodore Amiga A500. And when I built my first "PC" in 1997, I already had a copy of Wing Commander 3 ready to install on it. But I've enjoyed each and every one of the games in the series, and still pull them out every so often when I have a need to "blow something up" whether it be "cats", "Black Lance" or "Bugs". I just wished there had been a multiplayer aspect to later WC games.
Personally I dn't think Space Sims are totally "dead" yet, heck people still play X-Wing vs TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance on the MSN Gaming Zone and look how old those games are. I feel that if a company would develop a new cutting edge type of Space Combat Sim, then it would sell and sell big.

The newest one was I-War 2. And it came out quite a while ago. The enxt big one will be Freelancer. At least we hope it will be big......

WC3, just over 2 & 4.

Look at 3 and it sums up the war with the Kilrathi, the loss of the Concordia, Angel in trouble, Blair on an ancient carrier.

With 4 the later scenes are more important.

2 has helplessness as the Claw gets destroyed, the inquiry, the hopelessness of getting posted to a backwater system... I'd loved to se that intro modernised.

Back