Game intro poll

Which Wing Commander game introduction is your favorite?

• Wing Commander

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Wing Commander II

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Privateer/ Righteous Fire

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Wing Commander III

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Wing Commander IV

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Wing Commander Prophecy

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Kilrathi Saga

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Privateer 2

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Armada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Academy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ridgerunner

Vice Admiral
What is your favorite Wing Commander game intro?
1. Wing Commander
2. Wing CommanderII
3. Privateer/ Righteous Fire
4. Wing Commander III
5. Wing Commander IV
6. Wing Commander Prophecy
7. Kilrathi Saga
8. Privateer 2

At the time, I was amazed by the WC3 introduction, so it gets my vote.

(Let´s see how many votes the WC1 introduction gets)

That's the whole point!!:D

Go check out what I said about the WC3 intro in the "First time you heard about WC" thread.

I love the WC3 intro just because its, well, its WC3. But I had to go with Prophecy. I love the voice talking about the coming of the Nephilim and the emergence of the bugs from the wormhole. WC4 wsa pretty cool, seeing both the inside and outside of the fighter during a battle sequence.

C-ya

I also have to go with WC3. You see the Tigers Claw go down into the lava. WC3 had still more of a cartoonish kind of feel WC4 was more realisitic and ship design more life like.

Originally posted by Proteus
I also have to go with WC3. You see the Tigers Claw go down into the lava. WC3 had still more of a cartoonish kind of feel WC4 was more realisitic and ship design more life like.

It isn´t the Tiger´s Claw, it is the Concordia

Originally posted by Proteus

That was the Concordia. The Tiger's Claw went *boom* when stealth fighters bombed it in the intro to WC2.

As for my vote?
Original Wing Commander.
While a plot-line intro can be nice, I still often prefer a mood intro. The storyline can wait until the game actually starts. You can actually watch the WC intro each time you start the game, whereas the ones in WC2 and WC3 are not the kind of thing I'd like to see staring me in the face each time I start the game. I'm about to get my adrenaline pumping, and I've got to watch the Tiger's Claw go *boom!*, or watch Blair see his past associations destroyed yet again. Can't watch those intros each time I start the game.

Originally posted by Starkey

Press "Esc".

WC1 has NO intro.

WC1 has an intro. It shows a Hornet making a Dralthi go *boom!*.

Actually, I don't think the WC2 and WC3 intros play unless you specifically tell the game to go back and play over again. But you missed the whole point. If the game tried to force me to sit through them over and over, I WOULD press the ESC button. There are times they might be appropriate to watch, but if all I want to do is smoke some kitties, why do I want to sit through a depressing intro again? The WC intro lets you get jazzed up, and then lets you go play the game. The closest any of the others comes to that is the tail end of the Prophecy intro, with Casey and Maestro racing each other to the Midway.

Originally posted by Starkey
* re-posting Armada suggestion *

Since he's only a cadet, he probably didn't have enough voting choices to put Armada in. Of course, since I haven't seen it myself, it still wouldn't change my choice.

Back