Game intro poll

Which Wing Commander game introduction is your favorite?

• Wing Commander

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Wing Commander II

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Privateer/ Righteous Fire

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Wing Commander III

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Wing Commander IV

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Wing Commander Prophecy

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Kilrathi Saga

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Privateer 2

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Armada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Academy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'd say the intro of the origin orchestra was very compelling. but between WC1 or WC2 I'd have to say WC2. it seemed to have more colorful graphics than the original and added speech

I voted WC3 for a few reasons:

1) I really wanted to go and mug Thrahkath when they show him, the Emperor and the assembled Kilrathi

2) Mark Hamill is the best actor in a sci-fi movie to date (even though his career has gone downhill many times)

3) The graphics are really improved from WC1 & 2

4) This game is what got me into WC in the first place

If you think Mark Hamill's career has gone downhill, you need to say that at the International Mark Hamill Fan Club page. Also look him up on at IMDB.com. WC3,4 and Prophecy are way down the list of stuff he's done.

Originally posted by Ridgerunner
If you think Mark Hamill's career has gone downhill, you need to say that at the International Mark Hamill Fan Club page. Also look him up on at IMDB.com. WC3,4 and Prophecy are way down the list of stuff he's done.

Well, I think non-Mark Hamill nuts would generally say his career went downhill, in the sense that he hasn't really done anything high profile in a long, long time.

That doesn't mean he's not sucessful though...I used Tom Wilson just dropped off the face of the Earth until I found about his CD's and standup comedy and stuff. And Vagabond was on an episode of J.A.G.!

Originally posted by Ridgerunner

I was a member for IMHFC for two years, so I can tell from you from the botom of my hear, to shove it. Violently.

Hamill has been a very successful voice actor for quite a while now, aside from his voice of the Joker on Batman: TAS. Is he as high profile as he was way-back-when? Hell no, but what do you expect for someone who's first film appearance is a voice in a Ralph Bakshi movie? Eeew.

Arguably, playing an actor in a video game isn't high profile either. The man has to pay his electric bills just like anyone else. He's also a damned great guy; my friend Garrett over in USC is dating a family friend of the Hamills.

The guy who played Flash has done a few movies and such. Hamill has done lots of stuff in his career... I saw the A&E Bio on him and it was really interesting to know about all the Broadway work he did and such... Tom Wilson has kinda dropped off the planet and now does Church music... to each his own I guess...

Wilson still has to use up his film contracts. He does it by making cameos in shitty movies like "That Darned Cat" or "Camp Nowhere".

I think he's still on the comedy circuit though.

Back to the Future was on TV to other day... he is still fantasic in that series... it's a shame his career never went on from there... But then again, no one else could have played Maniac as well as him

Originally posted by Millzy
Back to the Future was on TV to other day... he is still fantasic in that series... it's a shame his career never went on from there... But then again, no one else could have played Maniac as well as him

He was a brilliant in a movie I beleive was called "April Fools Day". It was a horror movie about, well, April Fools day....

The only WC actors I haven't really seen anywhere else but in WC are Cobra, Vaquero, and Flint.

Hamill is obvious, he's done enough as is Tom Wilson. The only thing I can place Jason Bernard in is "Liar Liar", but i'm sure he's done other stuff too. John Rhys-Davies and Malcom McDowell are in plenty of things. I've seen the guy who played Vagabond in a few things, Ginger Allen has her genre (hehe), the guy who played Paulson is a charecter on the West Wing, Catscratch has been around (he was in that show with the Crow, right?), Hawk's been in plenty of things too.

Arguably, playing an actor in a video game isn't high profile either. The man has to pay his electric bills just like anyone else. He's also a damned great guy; my friend Garrett over in USC is dating a family friend of the Hamills.

Not that I don't think Mark Hamill is a fine human being... but I don't really see how your friend Garrett (over in USC!) is dating a friend of the Hamills in any way proves your point.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Not that I don't think Mark Hamill is a fine human being... but I don't really see how your friend Garrett (over in USC!) is dating a friend of the Hamills in any way proves your point.

I know I wrote that... but I forgot the point it was suppose to make... :(

Main WC actors/pilots and their careers

Just because you didn't ask. :p

Mark Hamill (Christopher "Maverick" Blair - game)

Freddie Prinze, Jr. (Christopher "Maverick" Blair - movie)

Malcom McDowell (Geoffrey Tolwyn - game)

David Warner (Geoffrey Tolwyn - movie)

John Rhys-Davies (James "Paladin" Taggart - game; also voice of Thrakhath nar Kiranka)

Tcheky Karyo (James "Paladin" Taggart - movie)

Jason Bernard (William Eisen)

Tom Wilson (Todd "Maniac" Marshall - game)

Matthew Lillard (Todd "Maniac" Marshall - movie)

Francois Chau (Winston "Vagabond" Chang)

Saffron Burrows (Jeanette "Angel" Devereaux - movie)

Yolanda Jilot (Jeanette "Angel" Devereaux - game)

Robert Rusler (Seether)

Richard Riehle (Robert "Pliers" Sykes)

Peter Jason (Daniel Wilford

Chris Mulkey (Jacob "Hawk" Manley)

Holly Gagnier (Velina Sosa)

Jeremy Roberts (John "Gash" Dekker)

Elizabeth Barondes (Tamara "Panther" Farnsworth)

Ginger Lynn Allen (Rachael Coriolis)

Courtney Gains (Ted "Radio" Rollins)

Jennifer MacDonald (Robin "Flint" Peters)

B.J. Jefferson (Laurel "Cobra" Buckley)

Josh Lucas (Jace "Flash" Dillon)

Julian Reyes (Mitchell "Vaquero" Lopez)

Tim Curry (voice, Melek - WC3)

Barry Dennen (voice, Melek - WC4)

Barbara Niven (Barbara Miles)

Mark Dacascos (Troy "Catscratch" Carter)

Lauren Sinclair (Patricia Drake)

Steven Petrarca (Lance Casey)

Neill Barry (Max "Maestro" Garrett)

Heather Stephens (Jean "Stiletto" Talvert)

Adam Lazarre-White (Terrence "Zero" O'Hearn)

Mindy Hester (Aurora Finley)

Joel Stoffer (Jack "Dallas" Slayton)

Seth Walther (Karl "Spyder" Bowen)

John Schuck (voice, Ralgha "Hobbes" nar Hhallas)

[Note that "game" refers only to those games with FMV, as the animated games with voice actors are somewhat spottily credited, at best.]

If I'm missing any, look them up yourself at IMDb, you lazy slugs. :p

Back