Game intro poll

Which Wing Commander game introduction is your favorite?

• Wing Commander

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Wing Commander II

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Privateer/ Righteous Fire

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Wing Commander III

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Wing Commander IV

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Wing Commander Prophecy

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Kilrathi Saga

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Privateer 2

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Armada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Academy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Say... I'd say Priv and RF's intro are pretty cool.. althought the battle sequence of one Tarsus equipped only with a single laser could take out three Talons that easily.

Wc4's intro would be branched after a few minutes...

hmm... Priv2 rather sucks... especially without subtitles.

Wing Commander IV best intro Film

Certainly WC4. I loved the filmmaking style. It almost seemed like you were watching a movie. I know that it was the first game to be done in that fasion and it showed! :) I thought it was very well done. I have seen the movie over thirty times and really enjoy it every time I watch it. Well done Roberts!

Re: Wing Commander IV best intro Film

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
I loved the filmmaking style. It almost seemed like you were watching a movie.

Which is what many people thought was the problem...

Re: Re: Re: Wing Commander IV best intro Film

Originally posted by Ladiesman^

....which are also the people i'd like to slap in the face....
Well said.

Throw them my way when you are done, I'd love to slap them as well. :)

Oh...I thought it was the Tigers Claw...sheesh (do they mention the name of it during that sequence in the WC3 movie?)
hmm I never played Wing Commander 2: Vengence of the Kilrathy so I must got confused.

Originally posted by Proteus
Oh...I thought it was the Tigers Claw...sheesh (do they mention the name of it during that sequence in the WC3 movie?)
hmm I never played Wing Commander 2: Vengence of the Kilrathy so I must got confused.

Yes... ("the wreckage of the Concordia's been located") and they also specifically say that it's *not* the Tiger's Claw. :) ("First the Tiger's Claw and *now this*." :)

Originally posted by Loozer
John Rhys Davies was in Dune 2000, he must be in to SciFi :)

Either that, or he's popular enough to be recognizable, and REALLY needs the work. Oddly enough, he wasn't in Emperor: Battle for Dune.
The only steady jobs that I can remember him in were in the Indiana Jones movies (and its been a while since the last of those was released - keep them fingers crossed for 4!) and Sliders.
And for those who somehow didn't know, he's also in The Lord of the Rings.

Originally posted by junior

Either that, or he's popular enough to be recognizable, and REALLY needs the work. Oddly enough, he wasn't in Emperor: Battle for Dune.
The only steady jobs that I can remember him in were in the Indiana Jones movies (and its been a while since the last of those was released - keep them fingers crossed for 4!) and Sliders.
And for those who somehow didn't know, he's also in The Lord of the Rings.

He gets around...i've seen him in lots of stuff....

Don't forget his charecter of Vincent Van Gogh on Star Trek: Voyager...

LORD OF THE RINGS

Now don't forget, he was also in THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING. Cross your fingers, but I am pretty sure he'll be in the next two. :)

ca_jrhys.jpg

"Frodo's friend of strong stature and bold heart, Gimli represents the Dwarves in the Fellowship.

Veteran actor John Rhys-Davies has been delighting audiences on both stage and screen for more than thirty years. He began his stage work at the critically acclaimed Madder-Market Theater in Norwich and graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). Rhys-Davies has appeared in well over a hundred plays including 26 Shakespearean productions in which he has portrayed everyone from Othello to Macbeth to Claudius to Falstaff. His stage work includes many seasons at the Royal Shakespeare Company.

Rhys-Davies made his feature film debut in The Black Windmill starring Michael Caine, where he was blown up before the title sequence. His 80-plus film credits include Raiders of The Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Victor/Victoria and many more. For television, Rhys-Davies garnered an Emmy nomination for the miniseries "Shogun" and has starred in "Sliders," "The Untouchables," "I, Claudius," "The Naked Civil Servant" and "War and Remberance," as well as many other telefilms and series. "-http://www.lordoftherings.net/

That's where I've bought all of my WC games except for Armada and Academy, I bought those in a store. And I now own them all!!:D well, except for KS of course...

But I don't feel like spending almost $200 for a copy. Maybe I can find a cheaper copy elsewhere. I'm in no hurry to get KS other than to add it to my collection.

The best way to get a cheap copy of KS is to look long and hard for it, esp on the internet. Don't expect one to just drop in your lap.

Back