Favorite Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I've never had many problems with the English dub of anime. Heck I really liked Dragonball Z Vegeta's first english voice actor, before they changed the voice cast. That guy had real charisma.

As for Eva's last 2 eps. I'm fairly sure those eps are exactly how Eva's creator wanted them to be. Essentially all they're trying to do is show how Shinji finally comes to grips with the dilemma he's in. Which makes sense considering the show's really all about him, not mecha or whatnot.

Last tidbits: If you like fast paced heck and slash action Ninja Scroll is a must. If you like cool aerial combat scenes, get episode 4 of Macross Plus. If you like giant robot battles Eva DVD Collection 0:3 is a good buy.

My 2 cents.

Not exactly anime, but...

LOAF, speaking of getting hard to attach to shows with giant robots, did you ever develop a liking for the Transformers?

Transformers is great!

BTW who was reconstructed as Cyclonus?
Bombshell or Thundercracker? ;)

Unicron reconstructed Cyclonus from Bombshell, although it is difficult to tell. For a start, Unicron makes two Cyclonus robots out of Bombshell and either Skywarp or Thundercracker (impossible for me to tell, as the lights from Unicron's mouth obstruct the usual identifying colours), but the second Cyclonus is merely quoted like this, "Cyclonus, the warrior, and his armada" and the second Cyclonus robot transformers in tandem with him and joins up with the fleet of Sweeps. The Cyclonus clone mysteriously disappears from thereon in the movie, and apparently never reappears again in the series.

Originally posted by BlueClaw
Unicron reconstructed Cyclonus from Bombshell, although it is difficult to tell. For a start, Unicron makes two Cyclonus robots out of Bombshell and either Skywarp or Thundercracker (impossible for me to tell, as the lights from Unicron's mouth obstruct the usual identifying colours), but the second Cyclonus is merely quoted like this, "Cyclonus, the warrior, and his armada" and the second Cyclonus robot transformers in tandem with him and joins up with the fleet of Sweeps. The Cyclonus clone mysteriously disappears from thereon in the movie, and apparently never reappears again in the series.

I thought that was Thundercracker not that stupid insecticon :(

Originally posted by Ghost

I thought that was Thundercracker not that stupid insecticon :(

Until I saw the movie, I thought Cyclonus was made from Thundercracker too. But since out of the two Transformers, Bombshell and Thundercracker, Unicron reconstructed Bombshell into Cyclonus first, and named him Cyclonus, then reconstructed Thundercracker in the background into a Cyclonus look-a-like, it appears that Bombshell was Cyclonus's origin. Some Transfans have taken to naming the Cyclonus look-a-like 'Armada', although I don't think he ever was given an official name by Hasbro or the developers of the series.

Re: Not exactly anime, but...

Originally posted by BlueClaw
LOAF, speaking of getting hard to attach to shows with giant robots, did you ever develop a liking for the Transformers?

I like Transformers to the extent that it's a show I thought was cool when I was a kid -- I couldn't tell you my secret theories about how the insecticons are really reptiliods disguised as beetle-blasters.

I'd have to say it's definately Record of Lodoss Wars for me. That's bad ass! (The old, original one, that is.)

Re: Just a slight topic deviation...

Originally posted by Frosty
I really dislike how many people classify mecha as "robots." The term robot is really more appropriate for a tool than a vehicle. Legs instead of wheels != robot.

Isn't the word robot usually interchangable with android? Though robots are more common as simple machines in real life...

Either way, shows like Gundam have giant tanks with legs, so it's not appropriate either way... <G>

Weren't the mecha in Evangelion really living souls trapped in metal or something?

Re: Re: Just a slight topic deviation...

Originally posted by Bob McDob

Weren't the mecha in Evangelion really living souls trapped in metal or something?

Yes, the EVA that uses Shinji has the soul of his mother, the same applies to Asuka´s EVA who has the soul of Asuka´s mother

Isn't the word robot usually interchangable with android? Though robots are more common as simple machines in real life...

No, robot isn't interchangable with android. The popular definition makes an android a subset of robots. All androids are therefore robots, while all robots are not androids. Androids are, of course, humanoid mechanized devices... Some specify the definition to be refering to purely biological devices.

Isn't the word robot usually interchangable with android?
Speaking about robots and androids, on a side note, do you remember Star Control ? ;)
According to their definition, a cyborg is a robot with a human body (in game, the robot takes strategy decisions, and you get the action)... as opposed to a Psytron (human brain controlled machine).

Yes Meson, EVAs theme is wery compelling. I have seen whole serie and movie and i think that main problem is that series creator didn´t take his medication during of making end of serie. It took me while to accept the ending.
Beginning of serie was like any other Mecha-anime but towards the end there were much sinister themes than battling aganst enemy from space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back