Favorite Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen those commercials on Toonami for that Reactor thing? There's few things that aggrivate me as much as that! He talks about Lodoss, which is bad ass, but he can't even say Lodoss right! Damn it! They tell you how to say it in the show! (Even in the Japanese one!) :(

Originally posted by Col.Dom

There was a remake!? When!? Where!? please, point me in the right direction!!

btw- she is from Revere, Massachusetts. MWAH!!

Not a remake. Its an entirely new story, with an brand new cast (except, of course, for D and his "friend"). The local vampire takes a girl and flees the area, and D is hired to bring her back. Complicating matters is that the party hiring D (the girl's family) also hired a competing group of hunters, as well as the fact that the girl and the vampire may genuinely love each other.
The series has some of the best animation around, period.
From what I've heard, the original language track is in English, so don't bother looking for a subtitled version. Its been an age and a half since I saw the original, so my memory is a little faded, but I'd compare the two favorably. There's a VERY different feel to this one, however, largely because this movie is a protracted chase, whereas the original is entirely set within a small village.

Classic comedy line from the new movie - "What is the sound of one hand yapping?"
Three guesses who said it, and the first two don't count.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back