Favorite Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob McDob

Better Health Through Less Flavor
Favorate Anime?

Personally I like NGE (showing on Scifi, woohoo), Ranma, Gundam 08th MS (UC is the TRUE Gundam I say! All others are pretender heathens who must die in the name of our Lord Thatguyhowsenameiforgot) and Outlaw Star. Fairly generic cross section, I'll say ^_^ (I also had an obsession with Pokemon and Transformers, but I don't think the latter counts)

Which ones do you like/hate? And what elements have promise if they were dropped into WC? (Wouldn't it be great if they resurrected WCATV instead of this silly live-action thing?) Post your thoughts...or don't, then! Fine! -_-; Now you made my stupid smilie SAD! :(

Well Dragonball Z got me into anime. It definitely has its moments.

As for WC compatible elements well I quite liked the dogfight scenes in Macross Plus and that got me to thinking what if they implemented some sort of transforming technology in WC. Nephilim fighters are already capable of combining (e.g. Stingray) and heck it'd add another element to the space simulation.

My 2 cents.

Originally posted by Frosty
Cowboy Bebop 0wnz j00, m0th3rf0kk3r.

I've heard seriously good things about that...I can't be bothered to turn to Cartoon Network and the abomination called "Adult Swim", though... Maybe I'll get the DVD.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
I can't be bothered to turn to Cartoon Network and the abomination called "Adult Swim"
Yeah, nobody expected you to be able to handle some of the most intelligent shows on television.

Oh, my most favorite of all time will always be Robotech. From the Robotech legacy, the original Macross and Genesis Climber MOSPEADA r0x0red.

I love Voltron, Cowboy Bebop, Vampire Hunter D, Area 88, Captain Harlock, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Tank Police, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade... *sigh* the list goes on.

ANIME R0X0RZ J00!!

:D

Originally posted by Frosty
Yeah, nobody expected you to be able to handle some of the most intelligent shows on television.

Under normal circumstances I might take offence...except that your avatar is so hilarious I don't think I'll be able to take anything you say seriously ever again :p

It's not so much the shows themselves as the format they're presented in... I might as well take another look, got nothing to lose... *grumbles to self about Toonami fascists...*

Originally posted by Col.Dom
I love Voltron

Doesn't count, since only the animation was done in Japan (at least to my knowledge...prove me wrong, people! ON THIS subject j00 t00lz! :p

ANIME R0X0RZ J00!!

Can't argue with that. :D ^_-

Oh, my most favorite of all time will always be Robotech. From the Robotech legacy, the original Macross and Genesis Climber MOSPEADA r0x0red.

Say it again!

I love Robotech. I wil be buying both sets of the DVD's as soon as they both come out. Ive only got a few left from the first series of DVD's........... Robotech RoOlez

I'd say Dragon Ball for me... Akira Toriyama is a genius!! Ghost in the Shell I liked a lot too...

Oh God, my email conformation of Bob responding to my post in this thread came from "Bangusetsu CIC."

Talk about thurough :eek:

btw Bobbery- So what if only the animation was done in Japan? It's the same thing with Thundercats and everyone I know considers it anime (and I still ask why)....

Originally posted by Zor Prime

Say it again!

I love Robotech. I wil be buying both sets of the DVD's as soon as they both come out. Ive only got a few left from the first series of DVD's........... Robotech RoOlez

I happily have all DVD box sets! I'm searching feverishly for the Wal*Mart variant box set five :D

I buy all my Robotech goods from this anime/hobby store around here (Anchorage, Alaska) called Bosco's and from the Robotech.com store. Personally, I like the RT.com store, since it has the better merchandise. However, Bosco's got all the rare collector's stuff for cheap!

Zankokuna Tenshi no Teeze
(Thesis of a Cruel Angel)
Neon Genesis EVANGELION opening theme (1995):

zankokuna tenshi no youni shounen yo shinwa ni nare
Like a cruel angel, boy, become a legend

aoi kaze ga ima mune no doa wo tataitemo
watashi dake wo tada mitsumete hohoenderu anata
sotto fureru mono motomeru koto ni muchuu de
unmei sae mada shiranai itaikena hitomi

Even if the blue wind knocks on your heart's door,
You, smiling, gaze only upon me
In a trance, your pained eyes seek the things you desire
Still not believing even in destiny

dakedo itsuka kizuku deshou sono senaka ni wa
haruka mirai mezasu tame no hane ga aru koto

But someday I know you'll realize, as you aim for the
distant future, that on your back are wings

* zankokuna tenshi no teeze
modobe kara yagate tobidatsu
hotobashiru atsui patosu de
omoide wo uragiru nara
kono sora wo daite kagayaku
shounen yo shinwa ni nare

* A cruel angel's thesis--
Soon, you'll jump out of the window
Burning with hot pathos
If you betray your memories
Embrace the sky, shining,
Boy become a legend!

zutto nemutteru watashi no ai no yurikago
anata dake ga yume no shisha ni yobareru asa ga kuru
hosoi kubisuji wo tsukiakari ga utsushiteru
sekaijuu no toki wo tomete tojikometai kedo

While you are sleeping in my love's cradle,
The dream messenger calls out only to you--the morning comes
As moondrops reflect your slender neck
Stop all the time in the world--I wnat to keep this moment

moshimo futari aeta koto ni imi ga aru nara
watashi sou jiyuu wo shiru tame no baiburu

If we meet again, this Bible will
let me know whether freedom has meaning

zankokuna tenshi no teeze kanashimi ga soshite hajimaru
dakishimeta inochi no katachi sono yume ni mezameta toki
dare yori mo hikari wo hanatsu shounen yo shinwa ni nare

A cruel angel's thesis--sadness now begins
As you awoke from the dream, embracing life
No matter who releases the light, boy, become a legend!

hito wa ai wo tsumuginagara rekishi wo tsukuru
megami nante narenai mama watashi wa ikiru

While people weve love, they make history
Just as the goddess never changes, I live

* kurikaeshi (repeat)

Vocals: Takahashi Youko
Lyrics: Oikawa Neko
Music: Satou Hidetoshi
Arrangement: Oomori Toshiyuki

Just noted that my pic is tama-chan. Love Hina is also one of my favorites...

So what if only the animation was done in Japan? It's the same thing with Thundercats and everyone I know considers it anime

The fools... :D :p

Akira, anybody remember Records of the Lodoss War?, the Dragonball series, the Street Fighter anime movies. Oh, and DEATH TO ENGLISH-DUBBED ANIME!!! THOSE VOICE ACTORS USUALLY 5uk @$$!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back