Engine Flame Red or Blue?

Which engine exhaust is better?

• Blue-White Exhaust?

Votes: 38 90.5%
  • Orange-White Exhaust?

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
well I meant I would suggest not to argue back and forth like that. The Admins don't seem to like that.

Originally posted by TheFraix
WC fighters use ion engines... achieving hundreds of KPS per seconds.

What kind of stuff do they exhaust by the way?
Hmm, I don't know... perhaps... ions! ;)

Which isn't all that sci-fi, using a stream of charged atoms (which is all an ion is) to propel spacecraft. Isn't that what they're doing or planning to do with deep space probes?

Wedge, they're not just planning to, they already have and are doing that. A NASA probe which was sent to a comet on the outer rim of our solar system who's name I forgot had the probe sent by an ion engine (developed first by the Russians) which slowly over time accelerate the probe to incredible speeds. I believe that was late last year or earlier this year when that happened?

Does THIS look good for blue flame? :D

vamp_whoa.jpg

Hey thanks for the nice replies guys.

I made the mesh myself Wedge. Like I said at the start of this discussion, I needed to know the colour of engine flames because I'm making an animated short set in the WC universe.

There's going to be a script and everything, but that'll come later.

Anyway, thanks again for letting me know the true colour of WC fire! MUHUHA! :D

Originally posted by Wedge009
<drool>

Where did you get the hi-res model from?

LOL! That picture literally evoked the same response from me. As I watched it download, I was kinda dazed. When I woke up from it I kinda noticed that I was drueling a bit. I found that amusing.

Er... I actually didn't physically drool. ;)

And I did remember downloading a couple of pictures from the CIC front page featuring Cam's model - I was just wondering if he made it or got it from somewhere. The fact that he made it is a bonus! Any chance of making more, Cam? :)

Yes, I'm currently making an Excalibur (in WC4 a purple paintjob). :D

It's almost complete. But that's for another thread entirely... :D

I loved that pic so much I set it as wallpaper, but umm... is there any possibility of a screen of the reverse angle? That would make me faint dead away...

Not without doing another render, and that would take a while--not to mention since the effect has been perfected I don't need to revisit that file for a while. Perhaps later, or after I do some exhaust tests on my Excalibur model... :D

Back