Engine Flame Red or Blue?

Which engine exhaust is better?

• Blue-White Exhaust?

Votes: 38 90.5%
  • Orange-White Exhaust?

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
I don't think that green looks so terrible, it's something different. But I guess with that quality of pictures, any colour would look good. :)

gayvampire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Now thats just being silly" (Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland)
*Joke* <G>

I don't think purple really suits space ship exhausts, it just looks wrong....green isn't to bad but I like blue, I though it was cool when the exhaust changed to red and got longer like when you afterburned like in WCIII, besides, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Yeah. It pains me that none of you have even considered purple flames. Nor have you considered the possibility of one flame being one color, and the other being a different color entirely. You people lack creativity.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Or, perhaps one flame with many colors, and the other with *no* colors.

Better still, we should make the entire game black-and-white and write Wing Commander: Film Noir and have Casey be a JAG searching for the Hellespont Falcon or something.

And he needs a gritty voice-over.
:p

No, it's just silly.

And so far, all of the exhausts have been alright imho. LOAF's fruit and veg one was top though;)

Originally posted by Shane
The WC novel cover for Fleet Action has orange/yellow on the big Kilrathi capships kicking the Earth's butt. End Run has Blue white on the Dralthi on the cover. The mystery ship on the cover of Freedom Flight goes with the Orange look. The only time I ever saw Green flame was on the Aramada box.
Er, Shane, I was referring to capships in WCP... ;)

And I still feel orange or blue exhausts seem more natural... still, you can't really see the exhausts of modern air jets, can you?

That would be because modern aircraft do not use rocket engines. :D

They use something called a "jet engine", perhaps you've heard of it? :D

Originally posted by Meson
Besides, WC engines appear to be more jet-like then rocket.

No, they don't, as we CLEARLY SEE THE EXHAUST IN EVERY SINGLE WING COMMANDER GAME, MOVIE, TV SHOW AND (WHERE POSSIBLE) BOOK!

Back