End Game Midway

Regarding Mav's 'perfect game', how many 100%s did he get? On at least one of the 'main' missions in WCP you can't get more than 67% - on one of the 'losing' missions in SO, there are two transports which are impossible to save, and you always get less than 60% for that mission.

I think we all misunderstood Mav's "perfect game" term. I don't think he has a extraordinary good game average. It just bothered him that "his" Midway was damaged when he finished the game. With the rest (mission average/kill score/wingmen alive) he was satisfied, even if they do not represent the "perfect" result. Thus, repairing the Midway was enough to make the game outcome perfect for him because now he is satisfied with everything. It is not necessarily a real perfect game, with 99% of all kills and with an average mission score of 98.25 %.
Of course, maybe I misunderstood him completely and have made a total fool of myself. Then please, just disregard this post. :D

Originally posted by Wedge009
on one of the 'losing' missions in SO, there are two transports which are impossible to save, and you always get less than 60% for that mission.

what mission was that? i think i kept all my transports alive. atleast in easy mode.

I don't know wich mission it is exactly but it is on cd-1 I believe. It's the first time you meet the refeuling vessel Redeamer. I never managed to save those transports though. Two seconds after I reach Nav 3 they are destroyed so I think it's impossible to save them but I would like to know for sure if those transports can be saved.

By the way I really liked that mission because I got my highest kill score in that one (except for the last mission that is). You can revissit Nav points to find a lot of new ennemy's. And if you start you're mission by going first to Nav 4 you meet A bug destroyer (or was it a cruiser). But I guess you guys (or girls) already know this.

They were talking about SO not Prophecy. THere is a mission in Secret Ops where three transports are under attack, and you only have to save one, but saving the other two also is like a bonus. In Prophecy the mission with the Redeemer IS impossible to save the transports.

Yeah, that mission was a pain in the ass. But the map was extremely helpful. What purpose does the map serve in WCP, though? I found it totally useless because you can't zoom in (or is it me?).
But that mission with the "Shy Meadows"," Kyoto Rose" and that other one isn't the SOPS mission Wedge means, IMHO, since it isn't in the losing path, you can get over 60% and it isn't impossible to save those 3 transports. ;)

When I click on "zoom" in WCP nothing happens, just the large brown (?) cross in the middle disappears. It works great in SOPS, though...

There is a mission in one of the losing paths in SO where you receive a distress signal from a couple of transports at the second last navpoint. When you get to the last navpoint, the transports explode within a few seconds (ie are probably scripted to die), and when you zoom in the map, the transports are over 50000 klicks away.

but i get to see those new missions. and i allways restart a mission when i am about to fail. thats why i never see these.

Heck, you're missing out on a lot!

You've missed the majority of WC1, about a quarter of WC2, some of WC3, WC4, WCP and SO!

Once I finish the game, I always play through and eject/blow up/fail my way to the losing games. Although this method failed to pick up the Alcor/Hellespont missions in WCP.

I tried very hard to get the Relais station destroyed in H'hrass (after Blair's abduction). But those bugs always missed with their torpedoes. I had to resort to cheating just to lose that mission... ;)

Relay Station.

But yeah, I got fed up waiting for them to blow up the station too, so I had to Ctrl-F12 it. :) I think ejecting might work too, since you have no contact with the Midway.

yeah, I always restart missions too, sounds like I'm missing some really good stuff though!

(if you refer to the main hero dude dying and Earth being overun by evil aliens "good stuff" :))

It's always nice to see the flip side of the game. Else you'll never see stuff like Blair being impaled by Thrakhath, or Tolwyn leading a huge fleet on a strike. There is plenty of good dialogue on the losing paths of WC2, such as Jazz explaining to Minx about how he's been in the Mandarin movement for so long blah blah... and the Emperor 'allowing' Thrakhath to destroy the Concordia if it disturbs him so much.

Back