End Game Midway

I did get to see Blair getting impaled by Thrakath in WCIII. But that's before I found the INVULNERABLE switch :)

I still can't beat the WCIV beginning Lexington mission though... as soon as the ship jumps in, it says "mission failed".

(god, that dweeby little twert comm. officer really ticks me off!)

You use invulnerability?! I hope you were just mucking about.

And if you actually pay attention to Captain Eisen and Bitchin' Betty, you're only supposed to tail the fighters, then break off and return to base. And the frigate jumps out not in.

yes, I was "mucking about". And it looks to me like it's jumping in... *I see nothing... Swirly purple jump-stuff happens, and then... POOF, frigate!*

I do trail the fighter... but I don't know for how long before I'm suppossed to quit :(

It jumps out, else you'd still be able to attack it. Once Bitchin' Betty tells you to go to the next waypoint, you turn around. How hard can it be?

maybe I'm just not fit to fly a Hellcat :(

(or maybe Maniac was pissing me off so much I couldn't concentrate :))

That time I have to defend the Hellcat. Regardless how much I despise that fighter, I don't think you can blame it for that one. :)
If it helps that's how I've done it: You do not fire on the remaining craft, as soon as Eisen tells you so. Then you let them fly away until they are about 12,000m away then tail them (be careful no to come too near to them, always put a distance of at least 10,000m between you and them). After some time you get the message that you can turn back. Then simply fly in the opposite direction of the frigate (towards the nav cross) and you should be fine.
That's my way, not necessarily the best and it has been a while since I played that mission but it should work. :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
There is plenty of good dialogue on the losing paths of WC2, such as Jazz explaining to Minx about how he's been in the Mandarin movement for so long blah blah... and the Emperor 'allowing' Thrakhath to destroy the Concordia if it disturbs him so much.

There's a losing path to WC2? ...huh. How exactly do you fail the missions? Eject at the beginning? I just restarted the mission if I ejected...

Then again, I've been on the losing path of SM2 for WC1...there, you fail one mission, and you fail the game.

Still, could you put up a list of the losing missions of WC2? That is, mission where if you fail, something different in the plot happens?

Frankly, I think a patch to replace the Hellcat with the Excalibur should have been made by someone, somewhere...no cockpit, I guess. That, and I would have murdered Pliers if he had taken apart the Excaliburs for scrap.

Hey, why weren't Excaliburs on a few ships? Why did only the Lance have them? Or, at least, why did only the Lance deploy them?

Yes, there were quite a few losing missions to WC2 -- most of which are near-identical mirrors to the 'winning' missions... (at least, they're very equivalent). Unlike WC1 you can actually win from the very last losing series of WC2 -- you face Thrakhath and such defending Gwynedd against a Kilrathi assault.

The Excalibur was just starting to enter service in WC4... they show up on a few regular Confed ships (there's a cruiser with an Excalibur detachment and such) -- but for the most part, it seems TOlwyn had the new fighters assigned to units which would be loyal to him... and went so far as to specifically hire mercenaries to fly them (in the jamming missions).

LOL. I still find them better than Banshees though... but I don't want to get back into this discussion so I'll shut up :)

I like the Banshees, they're quick and light... but I'd still prefer something heavier, like the Vindicator.

I'm not gonna' go out and bust up a perfectly good Mustang in combat! I'll take the Chevy though... if it's a suicide mission that is :)

Back