End Game Midway

Originally posted by Mav23
Hey, I didn't cheat at all on my other perfections. I had to sit around doing absolutely nothing after one kill on the second to last mission.

Let's try this again...

Unless you do it like I told you to in option 1, which is to play it over, it technically won't be a perfect game, since you'll have to edit files.

And then your other "perfections" might as well not have been legtitimately accomplished since you could very well just go on a little hack-spree and edit all your game files to be "perfect".

I can see the point in maintaining such a "perfect" game or whatever. Nothing wrong with trying to be the best you can be in the games. But I think if you tried all the options suggested and still it no wurkie, I would just accept what you *can* do and let the results at the end be as they may, in other words, let the stars fall where they may. :)

RFB

Perfect Game

There's NO such thing as a perfect game. For example, do you have 100% on EACH mission? Did you complete each and every mission with no hull damage? Did you waste even ONE missile? Are you on the 'Perfect' path (where Hawk gets vaped in a mission you don't know about)? Did you ever, even once, have to call for help from a wingmate? Send a wingmate back to base?

You CAN NOT have a perfect game.

Yes, Hawk got vaped in a mission I didn't hear about until Stilleto told me. Oh, and Anagram, that's why I said it was a perfect game *FOR ME* :) Now, is anyone going to help me here or just badmouth me for trying to fix my broken ship?

Hey, would a Wing Commander Prophecy Editor help me fix this somehow? I have heard about these, but am not sure exactly what they do.

No, that's something different all together. After you fix it by playing a sim mission, try flying a couple missions in a row.

Play Sim mission 8. Or just let the damn thing be broken.

It doesn't subtract from your stats if the Midway is damaged. There's a mission early on that puts you on a different path according to which part of the Midway is damaged, but you're past it.

Play the mission.

I'm on the last mission, how can I fly a couple missions in a row? If I beat the game again, when I beat it, will it save the repaired Midway before it closes?

All possible solutions to your problem have been provided for you. If some of them are unworkable, then I dunno what to tell you but try again.

What everyone has been doing by suggesting things that don't seem to suit you is telling you (in a roundabout way) that a solution which suits you doesn't exist.

Well, I don't mean to be rude, but could some one at least tell me how to replace the Midway file in the save game with the Midway file in the Simulator mission? I don't know if it will work, but since aparently there is no "perfect" solution, I'm willing to give it a shot.

That solution doesn't even begin to make sense -- they're the same Midway, with different textures showing depending on the status recorded in the autosave. Just delete the autosave file and you'll be fine.

Does this mean that I'll have to save all of my Prophecy games from now on manually? Can I put the file back in after I remove it and will my Midway still be intact?

Just delete it and see what happens. Make a backup. Stop asking us to help you cheat, we already told you how.

but I need to know! I don't want to mess anything up... pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeeeeee. I'll give you a cookie :)

SO MAKE A BACKUP. Autosave.gsw is the file that has the information on the last mission you played -- including the state of the Midway and so forth. If you delete it and then load a saved game, a new autosave.gsw will be created.

But I repeat BACK IT UP and everything will be fine.

But wouldn't the imperfect Midway return when he loads his saved game from the load or history section?

Originally posted by Nep Parth
There's a mission early on that puts you on a different path according to which part of the Midway is damaged, but you're past it.
Really? Which one was that?

Back