Current WCA Episode

Originally posted by Supdon3
A good commander IS willing to sacrifice his men sometimes to get the job done, but a commander that would inspire loyalty while doing it informs his men that there is a good chance they will die on their mission.
Such as Colonel Halcyon. There was a commander whom I liked, and would be loyal to. Angel was a good commander too, although she felt more like a friend than a commanding officer, even though Halcyon and Blair seemed quite chummy towards the end of SM2. I don't believe that anyone would want to disobey Eisen, at least not more than once.

Well really Blair was the only pilot who had to follow Eisen, since Blair was the wing commander. Everyone else served Bliar, whom was definitly different than the others. He never seemed bigger than everyone else like Halcyon or as in charge like Tolwyn and Eisen. But he was competent, he got the job done and he stood by his people.

I don't think I would like to take command. Flying missions the best I could sounds enough to me. Hmm, sounds like the 'real' Wedge. :)

Yeah, the only responsibilty is getting the job done and then getting home in one piece. Sounds real good.

Eisen outranked every other pilot on the ship, though, and was captain of said ship -- they were below him in the cina of command. :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
I don't think I would like to take command. Flying missions the best I could sounds enough to me. (...)
Well there are reasons to, I agree...
Look at the Heart of the Tiger novelization... just how much administrative work Blair has to do for his duty as Wing Commander...

Not counting the letters to the family of deceased pilots... :(

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Eisen outranked every other pilot on the ship, though, and was captain of said ship -- they were below him in the cina of command. :)

Thats true of course,:) but Blair was the only one who reported directly to Eisen. All the other pilots were briefed by Blair, congratulated/reprimanded by Blair, reported directly to Blair and generally had all their issues handled by Blair. Blair would be the last one a pilot saw when leaving a ship on a dangerous mission they might not return from (not counting flight crew and prep personnel naturally)

Well, that was more a commando operation than an in-flight mission, LOAF...
I think Supdon meant "when flying a fighter"...

Not to mention Vagabond had just punched out the guy who was the last hope of all humanity and jeopardized it all. Its a special situation. If Vagabond had gone off on a mission and disobeyed orders or something like not disengaging from a fight and returning to base Eisen would have certainly left it up to Blair to discipline him, like he did with Flint all those times.

However, note that if you refuse to put Flint back on the roster, Eisen does so anyway - a clear indication that Eisen can override any of your personnel decisions at will.

Hmmm, I never tried NOT putting her back on the roster. Overriding IS of course the Captain's perogative but in most cases he will default to Blair's decision.

Oh, I did. If only to try to find every little movie possible. :) Even Eisen advising Blair to fly with others was a bit of a surprise.

Ditto for Vagabond (which is what I meant...); if you don't put him back on the roster after a while, Eisen does.

but it will effect the moral of your wingman, does it make them fly like crap or do they just, not like you?

Back