Current WCA Episode

I think it came after WC3 but they drew the ships symmetrical since the time period they were showing was the WC1 era when the ships were shown as symmetrical. They threw in the WC3 Kat karriers to link the games a bit more.

The first episode. The fighters they are flying in the simulator are Hellcat V's and the traitor guy takes an Arrow to the Kilrathi ship.

Huh? I thought those were all Scimitars.
Actually, I'm sure, but don't trust me too much... :)

When they are flying the simulated war games they are in Scimitars and pretty much the rest of the series, but the very beginning of the episode has them in Hellcats.

On a side note, I find it odd that we only see Scimitars in the ATV series...
Where are all the Hornets and Raptors? :(

By the same token, why don't we see Arrows and Hellcats in WC1 or 2? They must not have been handy at the time (though we know they were in service).

Ehm no... we don't see them because the designers did not think about them yet, when they made WC1. As simple as that.

Yet, for WC ATV, no one restrained them from using WC1 fighters beyond the Scimitar...
So I guess the explanation is just "audience-wise" related: they did not want to disorient the casual viewer by changing the ships Blair was flying too often... :)

Or at least, that's my opinion... :cool:

Uhm, they did use other fighters. Quite regularly. They had Sabers, A few shots of what is believed to be an Epee, and a couple of others. The Sabers were in like every other episode tho.

Still, if the Scimitars are in surplus, why not use them?

Oh well, good to know...
I have watched very few ATV episodes, and the ones I have watched, Blair was flying Scimitars...

Yeah, they use a bunch of other fighters... but the Scimitars and Broadswords were the 'main' ones -- for marketing purposes...

The Hellcat and Arrow are of WC1 vintage, and lets not argue that again. <G>

Do we have any Spec documentation on the WC1 Arrows and Hellcats?

Oh really? I thought all we knew was that they were there. Do you happen to have any info on where any of the Ranger class ships were at the time? Specific missions, names of ships, that sort of thing?

Not that I expect to know, but it'd help me out.

Back