Current WCA Episode

Okay, now I'm confused...

Where exactly in the time-line does the last episode of the ATV series fit into?
If you're saying that Tolwyn was willing to sacrifice everything to win (in the series), then Confed's situation must have already been bad, so I'm thinking about pre-WC3/post Fleet Action period, am I correct?

Err, it takes place during WC1 -- Tolwyn was willing to sacrafice everything (the 'Claw crew, and Blair/Grunt in particular) to kill Thrakhath.

You can risk things to win a war that you aren't actually losing... In fact, you pretty much have to. The series take place before, after and during WC1. So, 2654-2655ish

TC

WCATV gives the picture of Tolwyn as a cold, calculating bastard who'd do anything to fry more fuzzbuckets. Many times he is willing to have his own men killed to destroy a target(s) Although in the beggining i really liked him, he sounds like a strong individual.

Yo, fuzzums.

But seriously, the ability to send people off to die is probably -- whether Blair likes it or not -- one of the hallmarks of a good commander <G>

Which he then neglected to mention to anyone else.

A good commander IS willing to sacrifice his men sometimes to get the job done, but a commander that would inspire loyalty while doing it informs his men that there is a good chance they will die on thier mission.

Chances are, if Tolwyn told me to do something, and I was pretty sure that my life wouldn't just be thrown away on a whim without a second glance, I'd do whatever the f*** he'd want.

Well... the fact that he could have you shot if you didn't follow his orders would probably have an impact as well.

TC

He should have the decency to tell you what your chances are though, instead of being totally surprised and killed.

He did lie to Blair and Grunt, I suppose... but he didn't really have a choice -- he needed them to be captured and interrogated and to honestly believe that the Marines were coming in...

it worked, cant argue with that, it was damn well planned, is you ask me the guy is brilliant

well, do you think its justified doing what he does? or was i blind therefore missed a few post stating your opinion on that

It's justified -- they won, didn't they? Sacraficing Blair and Grunt to save a billion people is well worth it -- but having to make that sort of choice is what drove Tolwyn over the edge, I suspect.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Sacrificing Blair and Grunt to save a billion people is well worth it (...)
Mmmhhh... stopping the WC game series after episode 1, because the lead character died, you call that worth it? :)

But seriously, it's obvious he would feel different after making that decision... after all, he did decide to sacrifice two of his best pilots! Fortunately, Blair was still around thereafter...

more like one of his best cadets :)
but think of their families, they never had the chance to get back to their loved ones, you just thinkg about that, and its gotta be incredible hard to sent someone on a suicide mission...

Blair and Grunt were just cadets, at the time -- and Tolwyn was eager to prove that he *wasn't* furthering Blair's career <G>

he sure got told with that medal thing though, i wish they would make some cartoon movie for wc1 as a sequal though...

Back