Current WCA Episode

I missed some episodes (not the ATV ones, the ones in "real life" leading to the availability of ALL the ATV series PERMANENTLY!)...

I remember that you gave us a week-end, TyeDyeBoy, on which you would use the servers you had at work to (somewhat "legally") host all the episodes for a short period of time...
(And we were all very grateful! :cool: )

Now what? Who's hosting them now? Who managed to scrape up such a large bandwidth? :)

[Edited by mpanty on 06-06-2001 at 16:56]

A guy who hangs out on IRC is hosting them all, and Tye is hosting one each week.

Demand for all of them has significantly lessened, I believe.

The Weekend was legal, just... covert. There was nothing WRONG with what I did, it was just that my bosses might have preferred I not do that. =)

And oddly enough the demand shows no kind of pattern at all. the first couple of weeks it was huge demand, then it went down, then up, then down.... Right now it's just heading into a low spot again. Go figure, huh?

So far, Episode 7 has the most total downloads with 1100 attempts. The next highest is Ep 12 with about 700 attempts (note that that doesn't mean full downloads, that will count resumes and people who click to download it and change their minds).

my god i havent seen these in.. years! TY TY TY TY! lol. this is just great! I still hate the scim though!

I miss the hours of waiting each Saturday until the episode was started... <G> September, 1996 forward was great.

I missed out on that. I got to see one episode, which A: I only managed to stumble across, B: at first I could only barely recognize as WC (until I saw the Scims, of course), and C: didn't seem to be listed in the TV guide at the time. I never saw it again, or even remembered it, until I found the CIC.

6 was my fav...Wasn't that the one with the other admiral trying to take Tolwyn's command and in the end he's forced to almost ram the Kilrathi fleet?

I never liked how the animation studio drew the a lot of stuff. Tolwyn looked great though, and some of the capital ships.

Personally I'm a fan of Ep 11. Throughout the whole series you see hints and predictions of the future, which we already knew at that point, but in Invisible Enemy it's just... it's far more tangible. To me that's probably the strongest link to the video game history, and anything linking it to the games just makes the whole thing, TV, Games and all, that much more immersive. Here, rather than using the names and characters, we have a prelude to known events. It helps to dispel the feeling that you get sometimes that WCA was just tacked on the for the hell of it and gives the illusion that the writers cared about staying true to the games. =)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I miss the hours of waiting each Saturday until the episode was started... <G> September, 1996 forward was great.

the only reason i WAS up each saturday, was around 11am i think but still.. i like my sleep heh (i could be wrong about the time, so long ago..)

Tee-hee, I remember rushing home from the SAT to see Episode 6... and I just made it in time <G>

(I actually missed Episode 1 the first time it aired... but that's a sad story full of woe and such for another time...)

Originally posted by LeHah
(...) Tolwyn looked great though, and some of the capital ships.
His voice was amazing too!! It's so great they used the voices of the actors we know so well! :)
Malcolm McDowell was just born for that part! :cool:

Does anyone know when ATV was first released, though? Before or after WC3?

Originally posted by mpanty
Originally posted by LeHah
(...) Tolwyn looked great though, and some of the capital ships.
His voice was amazing too!! It's so great they used the voices of the actors we know so well! :)
Malcolm McDowell was just born for that part! :cool:

Does anyone know when ATV was first released, though? Before or after WC3?

Plus it makes sense, WC3 was the first appeance of Mark Hamil as Blair, Tom Wilson as Maniac, and Malcolm McDowell as Tolwyn. The first time Kilrathi ships were shown to have an asymetrical design with pointy angles all over the place. All of that was used in WCATV.

Back