Current WCA Episode

Indeed, we whipped the Kats' butts in Vega, and blew up their superweapon, and everything was all going well, and then Blair was court-martialled, so Confed fell to pieces and all of a sudden the Kats were winning.

Considering that Blair was one of Confed's best pilots (hell, the Emperor of Kilrah mentions him...), why did Tolwyn have it out for him? That's what it seems like, anyway. If the put Maniac back after his breakdown, why didn't they do the same with Blair?

Is Blair mentioned in End Run or Freedom Flight at all?

Err, Tolwyn thought Blair was a Mandarin traitor who'd destroyed Tiger's Claw to aide the Kilrathi... not that he had a "breakdown". :) There was a time when Tolwyn was Blair's biggest fan...

Blair is mentioned in passing in ER and FF, and only by name in the latter.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
There was a time when Tolwyn was Blair's biggest fan...
Before the Tiger's Claw incident, right?

I don't get it though... after the end of WC2, Blair and Tolwyn seem to get along perfectly well, as if the incident never happened...
Yet in WC3, we feel there's still some kind of tension between them...

Maybe because Tolwyn grew more fond of Bondarevsky? :confused:

Tolwyn was willing to trust Blair and knew he could get the job done (something evident in WC3) he just stopped going around calling Blair a dirty traitor.

I think Tolwyn came down on Blair because he didn't want to believe it. Also, I think Tolwyn gave Blair the cold shoulder in WC3 because he was trying hard to outdo himself with the Behemoth project and maybe to motivate Blair. I mean, Tolwyn may be a cold customer, but when you want someone to prove something, you don't ask them to do it...

I think Tolwyn came down on Blair because Tolwyn, deep down, didn't want to believe Blair was a traitor.

Then wouldnt he have gone easier on Blair? If he didnt believe Blair did it wouldnt he be giving him chances to prove it?

If you were a commanding officer of a person accused of being a traitor to the extent that Blair was, wouldn't want to save face and just go with the flow of the public? Tolwyn's career would be ruined if he backed Blair and found he was a traitor...

Tolwyn seemed to rarely go with public opinion, either he didnt care about it, or he was doing the influencing. If he believed Blair was innocent he would have gone to great lenghts to prove it. He wouldnt have left him to save his own career.

You see Tolwyn and Blair's relationship fall apart in the TV show -- it starts with Tolwyn as Blair's patron and ends with Blair refusing to accept the Cadet WC medal from Tolwyn...

does anyone know why they stoped/canceled the series? I taped and watched them all so many times until i ah, taped over them.. lol..... well now their back and im happy, but is there a big reason why ti was canceled after only 13/14 episodes? (it sounded like they had 50 since they played once a week heh)

USA stopped showing original programming in the morning after WCA's first season -- all four of their shows were cancelled at that point (WCA had the best ratings of them...).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
You see Tolwyn and Blair's relationship fall apart in the TV show (...)
But why is that?
Is it because Blair does not share the ambitious way Tolwyn deals with Kilrathi matters, his perhaps too arrogant behaviour?

Back