Casey a wimp

So you're saying the Kilrathi don't care much for technical details? In the Star Trek episode "Elaan of Troyius", the Enterprise transports a load of warlike peoples. When Scotty shows the visitors the ship's engines, they thumb their nose and ask about the weapons. Maybe the Kilrathi are like that? More concerned with the big-boom than the nitty-gritty?

Of course, we know the Kilrathi are very concerned with security ansd safety...or something like that...in False Colors, wasn't it mentioned that the Karga had redundant noncentralized systems? To reduce to risk of a critical hit?

Originally posted by Bob McDob

Of course, we know the Kilrathi are very concerned with security ansd safety...or something like that...in False Colors, wasn't it mentioned that the Karga had redundant noncentralized systems? To reduce to risk of a critical hit?
In addition, they had installed this complicated net system in the ship computer, so that the auto-destruct mechanism had to be disabled at several spots if I recall... which gave the Landreichers a lot of trouble...

What do you think about that, LOAF? :) Are the Kilrathi technical enough now? ;)

[Edited by mpanty on 04-23-2001 at 23:40]

Originally posted by mpanty
In addition, they had installed this complicated net system in the ship computer, so that the auto-destruct mechanism had to be disabled at several spots if I recall... which gave the Landreichers so much trouble...

What do you think about that, LOAF? :) Are the Kilrathi technical enough now? ;)

They probably stole that from someone else too. :)

Man!! These Kilrathi are really bad people!
They steal, slaughter innocents by the million... NOT nice guys... :)

The Kilrathi use slaves to develop their technology -- any brilliant Kilrathi technology is probably the work of the Varni.

"Probably"? I thought that you LOAF, of all people. should have some insight in that. :)

But I guess you're right... so were they sort of "breeding" their race of "tech producers"?

I smell a plebe...

I do agree... Casey had a lil "My daddy was a space pilot, got killed, and everyone thinks i'm a spoiled brat... what doesn't everyone leave me alone?!?!" appearance that made me wanna puke. It's like.. Casey's friends were cooler than he was. Hawk shoulda killed him... lala la ;)

BTW... what ever happens to Panther? You see Hawk in WCP...

She and Stingray are happily married, living together in the house for characters who never get mentioned again.

Uhm, but seriously, she became a flight instructor.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
She and Stingray are happily married, living together in the house for characters who never get mentioned again.
You mean like in Fallout 2? ;)

What other characters "disappear" from the series?

Knight? ??
Hunter?
Doomsday? We know he appears in False Colours, so does he become a Landreich pilot for good?
Flash? ??
Flint? ??
Vaquero? ??
Catscratch? ??

Knight died with the Tiger's Claw in '56... Hunter died in '68 during the false peace... Flash, Flint and Vaquero all died during the course of Wing Commander III... Doomsday is still a Landreich pilot -- we'll see him again if the sequels to FC are ever written.

Catscratch's status is unknown!

Hunter and Doomsday are two of the more prominent characters in the series... I'm suprised you thought they dissapeared in any way.

TC

Vaquero was killed by Hobbes in the HOTT novel while Vaquero was trying to stop him from escaping. Flash was killed by a Kilrathi fighter after Thrakath sent the activation code foe Hobbes. Flint was killed while flying on Blair's wing on the Kilrah Run.

Best, Raptor

[Edited by Raptor on 04-24-2001 at 23:27]

oh, you mean in the book? I go bye the games all the way...
If I didn't see it, it didn't happen as far as I'm concerned... In most cases anyways

what's that supossed to mean? That's my personal choice for my perception of the WC universe...
that's all...

Back