Casey a wimp

Originally posted by mpanty
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I find Pokemon very entertaining.
Po.... Po.... Pok.... :eek::eek: <thud>

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the censors slaughtered Pokemon on its arrival here. :( THAT is what will be the death of anime here in the U.S.

Oh well. No big deal. I'll just move to Japan. :)

Re: Gday mate

Originally posted by Cmdre Crane Seccafien
I'm an aussie and I reckon crocodile dundee 1&2 is better than crocodile dundee in los angeles

As expected.

Plus it's not crocodile hunter

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :)

Originally posted by Bob McDob
The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the censors slaughtered Pokemon on its arrival here. :( THAT is what will be the death of anime here in the U.S.

Yeah, Pokémon in Japan, where it is uncensored, has so much bondage and gang rape in it you wouldn't believe. In Japan, the little critters are just a side-story to the main Pokémon game that the evil US censors had to remove to protect our eyes. I got an unslaughtered version though, and it's pretty cool to see a gang of fat bikers sodomize a charmander on your GameBoy Color, lemme tell ya...

[Edited by Frosty on 04-22-2001 at 02:56]

Funny...but it is really so. We played with klickers, collected Caps or so and they play and trade Pokemon. It's always the same:a firm wants to get the money of little children.

Originally posted by Frosty
Originally posted by Bob McDob

Yeah, Pokémon in Japan, where it is uncensored, has so much bondage and gang rape in it you wouldn't believe. In Japan, the little critters are just a side-story to the main Pokémon game that the evil US censors had to remove to protect our eyes. I got an unslaughtered version though, and it's pretty cool to see a gang of fat bikers sodomize a charmander on your GameBoy Color, lemme tell ya...

[Edited by Frosty on 04-22-2001 at 02:56]

Um, yeah. Whatever...

Jolly good! I'll dismiss all posts with the word 'whatever'. It makes any comment just go away!

HUZZAH!

TC

I saw Crocodile Dundee 3 on Friday night, and although I wasn't really prepared to like it, I found it... charming <G> The story was kind of... not really there, but it was very amusing. Certainly a better alternative to that Tom Green movie.

As for Pokemon being a way to make money... of course, it is -- but what *isn't* a way to make money? At least Pokemon entertains children... <G>

No, I didn't mean Crocodile Dundee.

Crocodile Hunter's this show on the Discovery Channel, and this Australian guy goes around like wrestling crocodiles and talking about wildlife at the same time... it's really a good show :)

Woo hoo! A real life Mick Dundee, eh?

Really, the majority of Aussies live in the cities... assimilating themselves into American culture... :(

Well, some of them, in any case.

Theres really one major important thing to remember when telling apart Crocodile Dundee and the Crocodile Hunter. Crocodile Dundee says "Now this is a knife" while Crocodile Hunter says "Crickey!"

HEY EVERYBODY! Believe it or not, I go wrestling crocodiles all the time! I get to the creek by jumping on my Kangaroo and riding it there. See, we don't have roads, or electricity for that matter...

Its sad that many people who believe that to be true!

I believe I have a serious comment to make. Many Americans (no disrespect intended to the fine members of CIC who have embraced enlightenment) just see Australia as some novelty. Mostly rednecks who can't be stuffed looking outside the little box they live in (ok, maybe 50% of Americans I'm guessing)

It really pisses me off. If only Australia had a hundred million people ...then we'd show the world a thing or two...

After all, Australia only suffered less than a percent deaths in Vietnam. Only 496. Best soldiers in the world. (ok, maybe the British SBS is better than our SAS...still not too bad for a bunch of colonials)

Originally posted by redwolf
If only Australia had a hundred million people... then we'd show the world a thing or two...
If we even had half that, we might get cheaper games and stuff from companies who don't see Australia as a big market.

After all, Australia only suffered less than a percent deaths in Vietnam. Only 496. Best soldiers in the world.
Please don't get people fired up on patriotism. Even with ANZAC day coming up. :)

believe I have a serious comment to make. Many Americans (no disrespect intended to the fine members of CIC who have embraced enlightenment) just see Australia as some novelty. Mostly rednecks who can't be stuffed looking outside the little box they live in (ok, maybe 50% of Americans I'm guessing)

What an amazing statistic! I never suspected THAT HALF THE PEOPLE I KNOW ARE REDNECKS WHO THINK AUSTRALIA IS CAUGHT IN THE DARK AGES.

I wonder what percentage of Australians love to make up false statistics to irritate people.

Non-Americans seem to obsess over the stereotypes they seem to think we have about them... people in the US don't *actually* believe Australians all wrestle crocodiles and live in trees and such -- it's just sort of a romantic notion that gets shown by the media because it's entertaining.

Originally posted by Supdon3
I didnt even know there were any soldiers in Vietnam that werent American or North/South Vietnamese

South Vietnam was part of SEATO, and I believe (but
I'm not ABSOLUTELY certain), that all member nations
contributed at least token troops to assist the RVN.
I've heard of Thai and Korean troops in Vietnam --
and those mothers were *mean*.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

I saw Crocodile Dundee 3 on Friday night, and although I wasn't really prepared to like it, I found it... charming <G> The story was kind of... not really there, but it was very amusing. Certainly a better alternative to that Tom Green movie.

I thought the trailor was pretty funny, though...I'm willing to consider any fimlm with lines like "YOU CAN'T HURT MEEEE!!! NOT WUUTH MY...CHEEEEEESE HELMET!!!". I actually write stuff like that, eh eh...:D

Originally posted by Wedge009
If only Australia had a hundred million people... then we'd show the world a thing or two...
If we even had half that, we might get cheaper games and stuff from companies who don't see Australia as a big market.

I heard you guys have some cool cars, though...:)

(...) people in the US don't *actually* believe Australians all wrestle crocodiles (...)
You gotta admit that Crocodile Man on Discovery Channel does it pretty well... ;)

Back