Captain To the Bridge

Which Vessel That Carries Fighters Would YOU Like to Command?

• TCS Concordia (Concordia-Class Super Cruiser)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • TCS Concordia (Confederation Class)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • TCS Tigers Claw (Bengal Class Carrier)

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • TCS Tarawa

• TCS Victory

• TCS Cerberus

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • TCS Vesuvius

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Intrepid

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • TCS Midway

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't captain, only Wing Commander. I think LOAF explained this many times... weren't you paying attention? ;)

Okay, I think it goes like this...

Commodore Geoffrey Tolwyn commanded the Tiger's Claw before the movie (WCA: Red & Blue), but left to take over the 14th fleet. He was replaced by Captain Jay Sansky who commanded the Tiger's Claw until his death during the movie. He was replaced by Commander Paul Gerald, who was never officially made Captain. Gerald was replaced by Captain Thorn, who commanded the ship early on in WC1. Around the time of WCA Tolwyn took command of the 'Claw personally, accusing Thorn of cowardice (WC3 novel). Tolwyn commanded the 'Claw through the WCA episodes and through the end of WC1. Tolwyn left the 'Claw after the Vega campaign, leaving Colonel Peter Halcyon in command during Thor's Hammer. Captain Thorn was cleared of the charges against him and returned to command the 'Claw when it returned to human space in SM2.

Yeah, I like the Claw but I would feel better in the Concordia, a much bigger carrier with that Big Gun© and lots of fighters to deploy. And, most important, because of the ACCOMODATIONS :D

Ya gotta love the larger carrier feel... Certainly able to take a lot more of a pounding. Dang, I think in WC:FA the Concordia took like 3 torpedo hits and was still standing.

Originally posted by Eder
IIRC, Halcyon commanded the Claw's fighter wing, and the captain of the ship itself was some guy who we never actually saw.

--Eder

Right on the money, Eder! I forgot about that. Yeah...Thorn was the skipper.

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Ok, besides rooms... what are the "accomodations"?

Huge fighter compliment, ample defenses, an incredible lounge. It had a ritzy atmosphere. I mean, it should, being a freaking Confed dreadnaught and all....

That ship was truly beautiful, though!

well, I guess the Captain's job is to be on the bridge outta site of the pilots most of the time. BUT, if I was the captain I certainly would want to be around the pilots and giving orders, kindda like Tolwyn did.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Okay, I think it goes like this...

...Tolwyn commanded the 'Claw through the WCA episodes and through the end of WC1....

If Tolwyn were commanding the Claw during Vega, wouldn't we know about it? I seriously think it was Thorn, but I have to see it in writing to be sure.

I'm sorry, I know that he's a reliable source (LOAF if you get this I really do apologize), but I seriously doubt Tolwyn was the skipper while we played through WC1 to SM2. It's like Pygmypiranha said, he would be down with the pilots chilling with them or issuing orders alongside them sometimes. We would have known he was there had he been there (or that's the way it should've been)...so I have my doubts.:eek:

Yes. I don't know, I know it could be possible, but throughout WC2 he was constantly giving briefings ect. to the pilots.

Originally posted by Wulf
I'm sorry, I know that he's a reliable source (LOAF if you get this I really do apologize), but I seriously doubt Tolwyn was the skipper while we played through WC1 to SM2. It's like Pygmypiranha said, he would be down with the pilots chilling with them or issuing orders alongside them sometimes. We would have known he was there had he been there (or that's the way it should've been)...so I have my doubts.:eek:

If you can find someone else who was captain at the time, go ahead... but it makes sense, being that He was in command during the first episode of WCATV. The later episodes *must* take place at least part way through WC1 when you examine things. Either he stopped being in command for some reason, or he continued to be in command through that time. I don't see any reason why he can't be, so I go with that view for now.

TC

Originally posted by Wulf

I completely agree with what yer sayin'. If EA or Mr. Roberts or PNR won't make *new* Wing Commander games, at least go back and reissue the old ones in modern tech whilst filling in the loose ends (such as the one currently being discussed). You know- Wing Commander Reborn or something gimmicky like that :p

EXACTLY!! Yeah...Wing Commander Series: Redux. As a matter of fact...I posted a thread earlier as an April Fool's joke that a redux version of the first 3 games was confirmed. Hahaha!:) But they really should do some for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back