Captain To the Bridge

Which Vessel That Carries Fighters Would YOU Like to Command?

• TCS Concordia (Concordia-Class Super Cruiser)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • TCS Concordia (Confederation Class)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • TCS Tigers Claw (Bengal Class Carrier)

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • TCS Tarawa

• TCS Victory

• TCS Cerberus

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • TCS Vesuvius

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Intrepid

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • TCS Midway

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go the Concordia I love that it has the huge cannon on the front of it. Plus its good ship that lasted awhile. I wonder could the Concordia take on the Vesuvius with its Plasma cannon?

Personally I like the Tiger's Claw, cool ship design. BUt the midway was the best cause it looked the greatest. So I am stuck between Tiger and Midway.

Nafe

I like the Concordia because of her dreadnought weapon, her terrific fighter complement, and she still has visual appeal. :) (Yay, Hadrian!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly the Nephilim plasma cannon - the splash damage wipes out entire fleets. The PTC, by comparison, only destroys one ship at a time.

But the plasma canon is kindda like the SDF-1's main guns (ROBOTECH) it uses so much power that it drains the ships energy extremely. The Phase Transit canon may be better option in a ship to ship battle... perhaps... What do you think?

I don't recall any indication showing that the Midway loses all power - to the contrary, after the battle, the cutscene shows the Midway cruising steadily along, with bits of Nephilim wreckage floating about.

[The argument of which is better is moot anyway, since the plasma cannon threatens to overload the ship, and the PTC was deemed to dangerous to continue using. (You should know that the good guys can never keep superweapons for long.)]

Originally posted by Wedge009
I don't recall any indication showing that the Midway loses all power - to the contrary, after the battle, the cutscene shows the Midway cruising steadily along, with bits of Nephilim wreckage floating about.

[The argument of which is better is moot anyway, since the plasma cannon threatens to overload the ship, and the PTC was deemed to dangerous to continue using. (You should know that the good guys can never keep superweapons for long.)]

He was talking about the losing cut scene in WCP where the Midway blows up trying to use the cannon again. Still you are correct, Midway still had enough power that could explode.

I don't think he meant that since it doesn't make much sense in my eyes. :)

BTW: I very well understand why people favour the Vesuvius' design. It sure looks sleeker than the Victory or Lexington which are the most boring and ugly Confed capships in any WC game IMHO.

What I meant, Gentlemen, is that I thought that they could only fire the gun every so often. You guys ever watch ROBOTECH.... something like that.

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
What I meant, Gentlemen, is that I thought that they could only fire the gun every so often. You guys ever watch ROBOTECH.... something like that.

Well, since you generally only have to fire the Midway's plasma gun once per battle, I don't see that the refire rate on the thing is all that important.

Originally posted by junior

Well, since you generally only have to fire the Midway's plasma gun once per battle, I don't see that the refire rate on the thing is all that important.

Very true. I only hope that they never need too...

Perhaps the technology may be used in the future to make a more reliable alternative. Something like how the Phase Transit canon came to be the Confederation Class' main gun from a Kilrathi dreanought. Of course that is only speculation...

I think Confed should get a powerful weapon that works all the time to match the Nephilim Kraken. However the enemy should be smart enough to evade such a weapon, thus limiting its effectiveness. Honestly listening to the hoohaa of how "we can only use the gun once or it'll overload!" is getting really tired.

I'm the only person who voted for The Victory and it was simply because it's the only ship, in any game, where I feel "at home".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back