Captain To the Bridge

Which Vessel That Carries Fighters Would YOU Like to Command?

• TCS Concordia (Concordia-Class Super Cruiser)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • TCS Concordia (Confederation Class)

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • TCS Tigers Claw (Bengal Class Carrier)

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • TCS Tarawa

• TCS Victory

• TCS Cerberus

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • TCS Vesuvius

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Intrepid

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • TCS Midway

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Col.Dom

I completely agree with what yer sayin'. If EA or Mr. Roberts or PNR won't make *new* Wing Commander games, at least go back and reissue the old ones in modern tech whilst filling in the loose ends (such as the one currently being discussed). You know- Wing Commander Reborn or something gimmicky like that :p

That doesn't make a huge amount of sense... Firstly, Roberts *can't* legally do that.. secondly, remaking games with a new engine will take pretty much the same amount of effort as making a new one.

AHHH yes. The Wing Commander Academy stuff does confirm that he was in command. It is possible at that point in Origin's career that the character of Tolwyn was not created.

Originally posted by dacis2
[The Vesuvius] could take out the Midway if they fought head to head
But they wouldn't. :(

Originally posted by NoRemorse
Nobody wants to command the Victory... strange...
That's because we don't want to upset Eisen, after all, he's probably been on it the longest!

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
The Vesuvius is certainly a formidable ship. I don't know if it could take down the Midway though.
Carriers generally don't slug it out with other capships. And you cannot compare, the Midway is really only an economical solution to replacing the Confederation's wartime fleet.

Same thing with the Concordia... turning more than a couple Kilrathi heads whenever they knew [she] was in system.
Even Thrakhath wanted to be rid of her! :)

Originally posted by Wulf
[The WC1 Tiger's Claw] was quite a place to...sleep, live...
Eh, sentimental value, really. Just look at the condition of the barracks.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Captain Thorn was cleared of the charges against him and returned to command the 'Claw when it returned to human space in SM2.
Lucky guy, he missed out all the fun wandering in Kilrathi space. :)

BTW, I voted for the Concordia. The Vesuvius would be nice, being the 'current' major carrier for Confed, but I just like the Confederation-class ships better, for some reason I can't pinpoint at the moment.

Like I said, I run the Connie Club. What do YOU think I picked? :p

Either the Supercruiser or Dreadnought. I just want an excuse to yell "SHIELDS UP!" in public places :D

I don't think we have any ability to understand how well each carrier could take on the other... both are good ships... but we have no way of knowing how well the damage control was. Lest we forget the MIDWAY just finished fighting a war. So do what time do we base this battle? Now, then? When?

Originally posted by Wedge009
But they wouldn't. :(

Eh, sentimental value, really. Just look at the condition of the barracks.

Gee Wedge, I just LOVED how you cut apart my saying there like the d*(&&$*& FO(&T87 media would do to make it sound like I say something else!! Way to go!!!:mad:

I don't think we have any ability to understand how well each carrier could take on the other... both are good ships... but we have no way of knowing how well the damage control was. Lest we forget the MIDWAY just finished fighting a war. So do what time do we base this battle? Now, then? When?

One ship's ability to take on a similar ship is something you can make a very good estimate at... Large fleet battles, and battles between ships that fight in broadly different ways are difficult to estimate.

and one would take two ships of each class at full operating capacity and then pit them against each other. If you wanted to discuss how they would fare if damaged, I guess you could do that too...

Yep that's kool. I just think that people should state particulars before walking down that path. Ya know.... Such and such a time with such and such ships that are at such and such conditions.

Originally posted by Wulf
Gee Wedge, I just LOVED how you cut apart my saying there like the d*(&&$*& FO(&T87 media would do to make it sound like I say something else!! Way to go!!!
What are you saying?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Tolwyn left the 'Claw after the Vega campaign, leaving Colonel Peter Halcyon in command during Thor's Hammer. Captain Thorn was cleared of the charges against him and returned to command the 'Claw when it returned to human space in SM2.

What happened to Halcyon when Thorn returned?

Originally posted by Wedge009
What are you saying?

I meant that the Claw had a pleasant 'home is where the heart is' kind of atmosphere to return to, not the actual conditions of the barracks. I mean, that stuff could be fixed (leaking water, etc.).

Originally posted by WildWeasel
I would assume that he stepped down.

I seem to remember somewhere reading he was on the Claw when blew, what post would he have stepped down to?

That's not what you said when you had a fit at me. ;)

Nevertheless, if that's what you meant, fine. I thought you meant the TC would be a nice place to live, etc.

I don't think any ship really had a good atmosphere except ships in the Star Trek universe. I mean common these were warships plain and simple. Steel grey walls with no couches or nuthin! :(

Yeah, Halcyon was on the Claw when it was destroyed. I'm not sure exactly what position he was holding at the time, but he was Blair's commanding officer.

Yeah i agree, but it's not material comfort I'm talking about. Concordia on the other hand, that ship had the works!!

Apparently, so too, does the Midway. And judging from Blair's initial comments to Eisen, so too is the Lexington, at least compared to the Victory. Which is funny, because the Victory looks much nicer and 'futuristic' to me, probably due to the greenscreen techniques.

No doubt the Vesuvius is probably quite cosy too, look at the size of the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back