ARG!!!

Tachy15

Spaceman
Someone had autobid (or something) on a KS auction and I couldn't buy it! And it was only 150$ :( This makes me so mad, because I had it in 1996 but my house burned right after I got it (I mean days) so I never got a chance to play it, and I havn't been able to find it. Guess its back to the hunt :(

BTW, if anyone has any tips, let me know.

i no exacly how you feel i bought a copy ofklirlahit saga in 1996 and when i was aboutu to starg driving hoem i accidental hit a land mine and my ferrari exploded and exploded the kilrathi sage luckily i had bought two copies and put it in my motorcycle that i parked behind sears so i coudl still play it. good luck getting another one, friend

Ziggy Stardust played guitar with Weird and Gilly, the tspiders from mars

When that thing was released, I constantly saw it on the shelves at a local Hastings. I would walk by it all the time, but I already had the originals. But now that it has become so rare and so many are looking for it, I should have bought it! Guess its ebay hunting time! Live and learn!

RFBurns

"ARGH!" indeed... You have the same problem as me buddy, except that my house did not burn down (so I guess I'm a bit more lucky than you ;)).
At any rate, ebay hunting friend, keep it below the $200
(hopefully at least...)!

Bah

I guess odds of finding it are rather slim, now. Might go and try Starlancer, I need a new flight sim :) (coop looks cool) I would almost consider getting someone to burn the cds (since I did purchase it) for me, but I guess that is wrong :\

I wonder why EA doesn't produce some more copies for us. Not even more than 100,000 copies would be great! I tried talking to a customer support guy yesterday, and he gave me some e-mail addresses to e-mail about it. Any luck with calling?

Well my ARG! experience was my own fault because I once found KS for 25$ but I thought "Why should I, I own the originals?" Some days later I realized how difficult it is to get the old games running on modern machines so I returned to the store but alas! It was sold. The next week I saw KS on ebay for 350$ so that was when I said ARG!
And Tachy: Starlancer has great graphics and is fun to play, but it creates absolutely no atmosphere, has a most stupid story full of very bad clichés and some missions are very very annoying, but try it out yourself because alone the graphic is worth the try.
I too do not get it why EA lets us fans hunger after KS...

LOL!! I just went on ebay, there's a guy selling the Saga for no less than $400 (reserve price).

My hope is rapidly diminishing :(

Never give up hope. Keep searching, check local mom and pop software stores, check liquidation sales at fair grounds and civic centers. I am putting an add in our local paper. Maybe, just maybe there will be someone here that dont want it and will part with it at a reasonable price.

RFBurns

Originally posted by RFBurns
Maybe, just maybe there will be someone here that dont want it and will part with it at a reasonable price.
Man, you are a dreamer! I held my copy of KS up to my wife and told her that it was going for $300+ on ebay and she gave me a look that said "Why haven't you sold it yet, stupid!?" I don't know if I could ever give up any of my WC games - they're one of the (very) few games that I will dust off and replay.

Never give up hope. Keep searching, check local mom and pop software stores, check liquidation sales at fair grounds and civic centers. I am putting an add in our local paper. Maybe, just maybe there will be someone here that dont want it and will part with it at a reasonable price.

RFBurns

good idea :) im gonna go try it.

well, dude if you want, you can back up your copy on a few burned cds and then sell the originals, but then again that is illegal so don't but if those back ups just happen to find their way into the mail and then into my mailbox, I might have to give money to whatever charity gave them to me *wink wink*. LOL Just Kidding (or maybe not) in anycase that would be illegal

Originally posted by Marcml30
Maybe, just maybe there will be someone here that dont want it and will part with it at a reasonable price.
Man, you are a dreamer! I held my copy of KS up to my wife and told her that it was going for $300+ on ebay and she gave me a look that said "Why haven't you sold it yet, stupid!?" I don't know if I could ever give up any of my WC games - they're one of the (very) few games that I will dust off and replay.

Never hurts to dream, reality comes from dreams! If I find one with an add, I will remind you of the dream! :) Around here, there isnt too many people into space sims, I regularly see re sealed packages of sim games brought back to the stores. So if there is a fraction of a chance that someone has it and dont want it anymore, Im taking that chance!

RFBurns

BTW - When I first got WCP I blew through it in a couple of weeks and was so disappointed I returned it (COMPUsa had a VERY liberal return policy at the time). However, months later I was starting to think that I made a mistake but couldn't find it again. Then I happened upon a software bundle (in one box) that contained Blade Runner, WCP (not gold version), and Dune 2000 for $20 so I snatched it up pronto. So there is another avenue for someone that is looking for WCP.

That's also how I got my WCP. Actually, that "Ultimate Sci-Fi" package got me back into WC, as I all but forgot about it after WCIV. I was in Staples one day, just looking around, when I really picked up the box cause I saw it had Blade Runner on it. Then in the middle of Blade Runner and Dune 2 was WCP! I remembered all my good times playing the other WC games, and it got me hooked all over again.

HEY!! WCP is still available in some online stores... Your local software store can even order it probably.
Hey, at least I hope so! ;)

This is a very funny thread, ya know what would be funnier? If OSI decided to allow us all to buy KS from them for like 50-70 bucks US, now that would be great!

Mmmh... you're living in wonderland Nap ;)

How about EA creating a time machine so that we can go back in time and purchase Kilrathi Saga or WC I, II and III when they were still on the shelves mmmmh? ;)

Back