ARG!!!

How lucky you guys are! At least you have the chance to finally get the game you search at ebay one day, but here in germany, it's really almost impossible to get one of these "special packages".
Why? Because either the were never "officially" released in germany or only for a short time and only little numbers of them.
That's because in the early 90s it was normal that games were released only in english or that the german versions were released very much later, so that most gamers were not willing to wait and bought the english versions.
But since 95/96, almost all games are released in german almost at the same time they are released in english, and therefore a "special package" that is only released in english is not expected to be sold very often in germany.

And if you look closely you will see that there is almost no auction of these "special packages" where the seller does not live in north america and therefore don't accept bids from germany! Not that I don't understand that, but it leaves me almost hopeless!

For example, I never heard that Kilrathi Saga exists until january 98, when I was on a road trip for my company and "just for fun" went into a game shop in that city and found it there! Of course I bought it immediately!
And I had to travel through entire germany (OK, actually there is no "big trip" possible in germany compared to the US) for my company that whole year, and I never saw it again!

So, if anyone of you locates a shop/auction where germans can purchase P2 deluxe edition (the one that requires win9x!), PLEASE let me know!

Maybe arrange with someone in the US to bid on your behalf and get those games you cant get in Germany. I know there might be some sort of conflict or other. Example is the game MORTYR, a modern Wolf3d game that is available in Germany, but does not contain alot of the textures and some other stuff. Might have to do some homework on that but I think you could go about it this way. Just an idea. But I cant see why you couldnt get any WC game at all, there was never any improper material in any WC game like there is in a game like MORTYR. I hope you find the games youre looking for soon!

RFBurns

Hallo Jochen. Ich hoffe es ist nicht zu kalt in Deutschland...

Yeah ok, that's enough German for now (just pulling out what I remember from the 8 first years of my life spent there :))

About Germans auctioning on ebay, HEY, probably half (or a quarter) of the sellers ship worldwide (internationally), so all you have to do is go on ebay.com, the US site, and find sellers from which you can buy WC products, and hell, they'll even send the package to the Tropical Rainforest or Antarctica if ya give an address!

You just have to pay for the shipping charge yourself (AUCH! that's gonna cost ya around $15.00 I'm guessing)
Check daily/weekly for offers on ebay, there are tons of WC products being sold.

Good hunting! ;)

Well here is the list of my Games and publisher:

Wing Commander 1 Original Signed by C.R. - OSI
Wing Commander 1 Original Expansion Packs - OSI
Wing Commander 1 CD - 1 Mile High Club
Wing Commander 1 Deluxe Dunno if CD - OSI
Super Wing Commander MAC Original CD - OSI
Wing Commander Acadamy CD - 1 Mile High Club
Wing Commander Armada Original CD - OSI
Wing Commander 2 Original - OSI
Wing Commander 2 Original Expansion Packs - OSI
*Wing Commander 2 Deluxe Edition W/Sound CD - OSI
Wing Commander Privateer Original - OSI
Wing Commander Privateer Original Snd Pack - OSI
Wing Commander Privateer Deluxe Dunno CD - OSI
Wing Commander Privateer 2 Original CD - OSI
I WANT Privateer 2 Deluxe Win95/98/ME
Wing Commander 3 Original CD - OSI
Wing Commander 4 MAC Original CD W/Spc.Case-OSI
Wing Commander Prophecy Original - OSI
Wing Commander Prophecy Gold - OSI
WCP Map
P1 Map
P2 Map
Wing Commander 1/2 Strategy Guide
Wing Commander Prophecy Strategy Guide
Wing Commander Movie Book
I WANT Wing Commander Novels

* WC2 Deluxe comes with Sound and Expansion

[Edited by Antman on 02-22-2001 at 16:19]

Yeah, you certainly are... go to the fan directory and look at the list of LOAF's stuff. Your jaw will drop and your tounge will roll all the way to the floor.

Oh yah I HAD WCSM for SNES, then I sold the SNES.

Still impressive, no?

[Edited by Antman on 02-22-2001 at 17:29]

Originally posted by Antman
Oh yah I HAD WCSM for SNES, then I sold the SNES.

Still impressive, no?

Well, I when I got my SNES, I got WC AND WCSM. Then later I sold my SNES. I STILL have WC and WCSM, and I can't even play them anymore! I'm actually looking at them right now. Where's my SNES when I need it?

Originally posted by Earthworm
...go to the fan directory and look at the list of LOAF's stuff. Your jaw will drop and your tongue will roll all the way to the floor.
Yeah by the way, what does LOAF have exactly???

I guess I want my jaw to drop and my tongue to roll all the way to the floor... :) but tell us what you have LOAF... so that I can copy-paste it to Santa Claus ;) LOL!!!!

[Edited by mpanty on 02-22-2001 at 22:09]

well at some point it is just overkill and pointless, why do you need 3 different copies of WCII with the only difference being different box art

Hey who here got the PC gamer KS WC1 in mid sumer 2000. My friend did and he is giving it to me :) I am very happy, it has been so long since I have been in the cockpit of a raptor

It's just a question. I want to see how many people got one. I got the last one at incredible universe. I had to fight for it. (not beat somebody up, but i had to fight to stay at the front of the line:)) So if you got one, lets hear it!

Back