All please read!

Originally posted by Zor Prime
How's gettin Hanged?????
Nobody. Just this expectating atmosphere "When will TC show up and do sth awful with you?" reminded me of these stories where the citizens of a town gather on the market to see how the convicted will be hanged.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Oh!!! A new game to play w/ your wife!! Keep the magnets away from the WC box!!!!

Ya she knows that box full of WC stuff is my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. She uses that to get what she wants often!! But guess what, she plays UO alot, and I know where that CD is!! :D We play hide and gripe all the time!!

RFBurns

Because its rare (very rare, I belive that there was only guys in here until Manjana show up and tell that she is a girl, in some boards womens get a lot of notice for other members only because they say that are girls, a lot of pick up lines)

That's at least why I said it after 1,5 months. I had to be sure you are able to respect it and to live with it without giving any nice commments to the best! If I would have been unsure...I would still be 'male'... After I was sure I said it indirectly (once there was a thread about the Sir-problem, the ranks and there came a post 'all you call me Sir'...it was a joke and I said 'but then you have to call me Miss'...but really nobody understood that (or just didn't make any comment...but I believe some people right in here knew very early I am female.for ex: iCe, Kris and Loaf...but they didn't make any comment on that:)After some time I decided we know each other good enough, that you can live with me being female...so I outet me. But you really never had any woman here before my time? That can't be right, or? The chat exists years without any woman? That is sth. I can't imagine...:D

And it's even more unusual that the first "official":) woman in here is from Germany (like myself:D).
I've noticed that there are several other Germans in here (where are you, Germans?), but compared to the total number of users...

Mekt-Hakkikt is also a German member, but except him I also don't know many others (you and me not counted)...
And 'sth.'...is a short form which is used in the 'official' german English-books at school...it means 'something' (like 'sb.' means 'somebody' in them). I didn't know it is a problem, but thanks for your advice, next time I'll write the full long form. I really didn't know it is a problem. We even may use them in class-exercises.:)

I am suprised by the mumber of my fellow countrymans in here. (portuguese)
As for females members, I read in some post that there were some (there are many in CIC database), but regular posters few. (if any besides Manjana now)
As for for atection, some really (but really) make a efort to recive that, I have once gone in "deep" because she keep pushing and pushing, I was not banned or anything (I do know were to stop, but the last ones were really crossing the line, I will never do that again) but I feel uneasy to do that ever again.

[Edited by Dragon on 03-22-2001 at 11:29]

Originally posted by Dragon
I am suprised by the mumber of my fellow countrymans in here. (portuguese)

We are only 3 or 4 right? I know you are in Lisbon, but I wish I knew where the others live.

No it is okay Zor Prime, I really believe you aren't the only one who doesn't understand them. So it's clearer if I use the longform...but it is hard if you do it since 6 years...so please remember me to stop it.
And right Dragon, I even thought that. I cannot be the only female member right in here (and I really don't want to be)... but it is a decision which I also had to make and where I also had to think about, telling a chat of 'only' men (until that time I never saw a woman posting here) that you are female. It is a 'risk' in some ways...and so maybe there are women out there whom post as 'male members' since a long time and nobody knows it. I could understand it even if I've chosen the other way and until today I didn't have problems with it.

Manjana you are pretty ok, you dont end your posts with ;) smillies or say "bye bye for now...." or start to talk about "personal" things in here....
That is why I like it in here, its about WING COMMANDER, a great game, most have played over 3 of then (counting SO as a stand alone game in this) and about why we like it (and complaining about EA lack of interest on the series) and stuff like that....
Other forums look like "Date 101" some times.

Firs little question: what is 'date 101'? Never heard about it. And of course I sometimes talk about personal things...we are talking to each other more or less every day. Even if it is about WC...we should get each other better to know. We aren't very many fans here...and so it is in my eyes more than mormal that we get each other better to know (it are always the same whom post every day). And why should I show the ;) sign? ( Here I have to say I really don't know what the explantation 'wink' should mean...). But okay. I only use things which I know. But thanks for the compliment!:)I can only give it back. Most people right in here are okay. That's why I come back every day!

"Date 101" is, I belive,a US way of saying Dating classes since 101 is the nunber of the class room (I am really very unsure about this, I use it to descrive the way things are "date 101" is dating, "sleeping 103" is not paying atection, and so on....)
As for personal, I mean personal, like "I am going to take a bath righ now" and stuff like that.
There is nothing wrong about being friendly in here, but somethings are too personal and people can get the wrong ideas about the other side meaning (This is not, I belive, a dating message board, but things like that happen).

OK, fine, we will see if we find more Germans in here...

Speaking of regular posting: I have to admit that although I'm a WC fan since 1991 and played all "story related" WC games except SECRET OPS, the fact that there is only so few hope for an "official" WC6 made me so sad that other interests became more important for me and so I'm just not willing to "sacrifice" them just to be able to post here every day. If every day would have 30 hours, I would :D
But I'm happy to see that there are many others (like you all) who give WC the dedication and respect that it deserves...
Of course I will "say hello" as often as I can...

Originally posted by Manjana
Firs little question: what is 'date 101'? Never heard about it. And of course I sometimes talk about personal things...we are talking to each other more or less every day. Even if it is about WC...we should get each other better to know. We aren't very many fans here...and so it is in my eyes more than mormal that we get each other better to know (it are always the same whom post every day). And why should I show the ;) sign? ( Here I have to say I really don't know what the explantation 'wink' should mean...). But okay. I only use things which I know. But thanks for the compliment!:)I can only give it back. Most people right in here are okay. That's why I come back every day!

What? No comments for the ol farts of the WC world? Thats ok I dont mind!
RFBurns

Back