All please read!

Originally posted by Zor Prime
No, I live in Texas. Thee are just common misconceptions about us. I spend all day in front of a computer, or w/ my girlfriend, so, I know nothing of the outside world!
Ok... no hay problemas!
That's too bad, 'cause I could have pulled out a bunch of other Texan expressions... :p

I guess that "just because a chicken has wings doesn't mean it can fly"... :)

Texan and Proud of it

No Zor your not the only one. I from Paris (Texas that is) but now reside in a very small town called Sulphur Springs in Northeast Texas. I also spend most days in front of a computer and most nights tweaking the one I have at home for pure gaming pleasure. Now I have a question to all WC fan how many of you are pursuing a college degree, advanced or otherwise.

I'm pursuing my degree right now... I'm a sophomore at the University of Texas, although I'm stuck at home in Maryland recovering from eye surgery right now.

I think I've posted this before but I graduated from Texas A&M-Commerce. Got a Bachelors in Industrial Technology. Might explain why I can't spell worth a hoot.

Next year, I am going to go to the University of North Texas to study Computer Sciences. You may bow down before me now. For I am the next Bill Gates!:)

I wouldnt bow down to Bill Gates, why would i bow down to you? :)

Though i might be more predeposed towards you because of your liking WC.

You might bow down to me cause I'm not bill gates? But maybe cause my company might try to make another WC game? Who knows?

I meant i might like you better than i do Bill Gates because you like WC. Whether i like you even more depends on how good the WC game you make is.

Good luck, Quarto! :)
Uni is hard... I'm in my first year at McGill University in Canada, and I already can't stand math anymore... :(

Originally posted by mpanty
Good luck, Quarto! :)
Uni is hard... I'm in my first year at McGill University in Canada, and I already can't stand math anymore... :(

Heh. Well, I'm in my first year *out* of university, and finding that Uni had nothing on the real world when it comes to hard work. On the plus side though, the numbers in my bank account are finally on the postive side of the ledger.

Best, Raptor

It's a bit late to wish me luck, don't you think? :) This is my fourth semester, and I've only got two left after this one. Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, you do get used to uni eventually.

Yeh I'd advise enjoying your time at uni, because its a heck of a lot easier/more fun than real life after you've finished.

Make the most of all that free time, and free money from the governmenr (at least here in Australia - don't know about the rest of the world), cos you'll look back at that time with a little tear in your eye. Then you'll say to yourself "Boy, I had it good back then !!".

Hmm, I'm starting to sound like my Grandpa or something - is this what old age is like ??!!

Yes, this is exactly what old age is like ;). But you're absolutely right - once one gets used to uni, it's quite fun. Of course, you'll only truly realise how much fun it was when you're finished.

Although I study in Australia, the government doesn't seem to want to give me any money... but at least the university does :).

Back