A discussion on the true nature of the Nephilim

Don't army officers fight in the field? I thought even at least Captains perhaps even Majors could fight in the field?

to me there more human than the borg,the shadows,shivans,their just slimey creepy crawly versions of the kilrathi so far :(

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Lobsters all look alike to us, too... but not to other lobsters.

You hit the point, LOAF (as usual).

I think the reason, why the nephilim don't wear helmets is because they are supposed to die when their fighters are shot. The main reason of wearing a helmet is that it protects you and save you, if the cockpit is hit or you don't get air of other reasons. The Nephilim pilots are the usual mass-production warriors not worthy to eject and be saved. Even the Kilrathi had escape pods and so they wore helmets. (Though some Kilrathi removed the ejection system (mentioned in one WC novel or killed themselves after their ejection (like Thrakaths older brother, I think his name was Vakka, mentioned in Action Stations.

Something else: What happens to this thread when it is closed and/or removed? Does it just get deleted or does the CIC archive such things. I ask because I think this thread got rather interesting and mentions many important facts and theories. Would be a pity if it just get deleted...

[Edited by Kilroy on 06-18-2001 at 20:52]

What bothers me is that we have a culture of "Bugs" and all their ships are named after Aquatic animals (Skate, Stingray, etc)

Originally posted by Kilroy

Even the Kilrathi had escape pods and so they wore helmets. (Though some Kilrathi removed the ejection system (mentioned in one WC novel or killed themselves after their ejection (like Thrakaths older brother, I think his name was Vakka, mentioned in Action Stations.

Actually, I beleive just about every Kilrathi fighter has no ejection system right off the production line. This is mentioned many places (Confed Handbook, WC1, Freedom Flight)

I'd imagine even if they did have them most Kilrathi wouldn't use them.

And I do think they commit suicide if they defeated/captured. I think Kilrathi can be executed on the spot if they fail. I remember something in Pilgrim Truth about someone not doing something right, then the other Kilrathi captain guy killed him right there.

But that Vakka definitely ejected in Action Stations, so we have a least one who does! Also did Hobbes (but that's no real example, I mean he is a different case, though).

Lots of Kilrathi fighters have the capicity to eject -- we see it over and over and over... the model two Dralthi did *not* have the ability to eject (as well as a few other Kat fighters) -- but it's fairly common for Kilrathi to be able to eject.

Originally posted by LeHah
What bothers me is that we have a culture of "Bugs" and all their ships are named after Aquatic animals (Skate, Stingray, etc)

I stated the same things dozens of posts below :)

Back