| Wing Commander: Academy
|| Origin FX
| Release Date
|| August 27, 1993
| Retail Price
"$" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 49.95.
A Stand-Alone Game — No previous Wing Commander experience necessary.
As a student at the TCSN Academy, you custom-design and fly unique combat, rescue, and search and retrieval missions from the CyberSchool's holographic simulator. In the Wing Commander tradition, the game features a dynamic musical score, improved bit-mapped graphics, and a dazzling array of customizing options. But Wing Commander Academy is not another cinematic extravaganza — it's an intense dogfighting marathon.
- Custom-design a variety of missions that match your skill level as you place fighters, capital ships, mine fields, asteroid fields, data pods and ejected pilots - up to 10 in each of the four action spheres.
- Save up to 24 games to disk and trade with your friends or upload them to bulletin boards to challenge others.
- Request random missions where each action sphere yields an unknown number of enemy ships with pilots of varying skill levels.
- Climb into the cockpits of the new Confederation Wraith or Kilrathi Jrathek fighters for a new combat experience.
- Select a cybernet wingman — from a frightened cadet to a hotshot veteran.
- Fly from the cockpit or try the chase plane view for a new perspective on the intense dogfighting action.
- Sharpen your combat skills as you compete for high-point honors.
- Engage the "Gauntlet" - a dogfighting marathon with 15 progressively difficult levels of attacking ships - including three flights of fighters in each level.
Patches / Addons
Manuals and Game Documentation
Fire guns Space
Fire missile Enter
Full stop Backspace
Look left F2
Look right F3
Look forward F1
Look behind F4
Chase view F5
Battle view F6
Tactical view F7
Missile view F8
Tail view F9
Cycle weapons W
Cycle guns G
Cycle targets T
Lock target L
Damage HUD D
Comms select C
Nav Map N
- Start the game with "wca ERTS" at the command line to enter debug mode.
- Alt-Del destroys target. Alt-Insert destroys all enemies. Alt-I increases enemy intelligence. Ctrl-I decreases enemy intelligence.
- Start the game with "wca ERTS -k".
- Same as above, plus invincibility.
- Start the game with "wca ERTS -z".
- Same as above, plus invincibility, except for collisions.
Note that "ERTS" must be in ALL CAPS for the cheat to work.
Empire of Kilrah
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Wing Commander: Academy"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.