Old Vs New

I don't see what's so different about scragging a fighter versus sniping some poor schlub who put on the wrong uniform in the morning. Or for that matter, topedoing a carrier full of people.

As for gore- no problem, I can seperate fantasy and reality.

On the thread topic, the best two flight sims I've ever played are MS Combat Flight Sim 2 (current) and Janes Fighters Anthology(old). I like Janes 'cuz you can fly over 50 aircraft, and build your own missions. I just wish I could play Aces Over Euorope again.
:(

Originally posted by Ghost
Jedi outcast has gore!
No blood, but you can decapitate, cut arms,limbs, legs....

A bit of gore realistically done can be effective (such as in Max Payne, H & D, Rainbow 6 etc) but huge gouts of monty python style blood just detract from the game for me.

On a related topic, there is a cheat to make the saber more realistic
g_saberrealisticcombat 1
I can't get it to work, the game says that this cheat is "protected"
(what ever that means), anyone here know how to get it to work?

Originally posted by Oggy

A bit of gore realistically done can be effective (such as in Max Payne, H & D, Rainbow 6 etc) but huge gouts of monty python style blood just detract from the game for me.

On a related topic, there is a cheat to make the saber more realistic
g_saberrealisticcombat 1
I can't get it to work, the game says that this cheat is "protected"
(what ever that means), anyone here know how to get it to work?

I think you have to activate the cheats from the command console. I believe it is (w/o quotes) "sv_cheats 1" To have the game display the console when you hit the tilde key (`), type at the command line (w/o quotes) "+console"

RFB
The Anomalies Network TEM forum moderator

No
Try with *helpusobi 1* without the *

later try with this:

100% Health: give health
100% Armor : give armor
100% Force Mana: give force
100% Battery Charge: give batteries
All Inventory Items: give inventory
All Weapons: give weapons
Everything Above: give all
Set Force Jump Level: setForceJump [1 2 3]
Set Force Heal Level : setForceHeal [1 2 3]
Set Force Push Level : setForcePush [1 2 3]
Set Force Pull Level: setForcePull [1 2 3]
Set Force Speed Level: setForceSpeed [1 2 3]
Set Force Grip Level: setForceGrip [1 2 3]
Set Force Lightning Level: setForceLightning [1 2 3]
sets force level of all abilities: setForceAll [1 2 3]
Set your Lightsabre Color: saberColor [red orange yellow
green blue purple]
God Mode: god
Undead Mode: undying
Move Anywhere: noclip
Enemies will ignore you: notarget
Crash the Game: fly_xwing"

Say- does anybody know how to get the lightsaber to turn into a Darth Maul saber...? I've seen a few people running around with the double-"bladed," lightsabers and have wondered how to get it....

Yes i know
But you are a Padawan learner, so no lightstaff for you!

I'm no Padawan! I am a Dark Lord of Sith! Tremble in fear! I am Darth Baulz!! MWOOHOOHAHAA!!

What's your Jedi Outcast name, Ghost? This way I can look for you and give you an opposition :p

... and if you're lookin' for me... Darth Baulz :cool:

Lehah,
Pratically EVERY religion has had a bloody past. Please don't single Christianity out and say that it is so horrible because people were killed in the Crusades and in the Inquisition. I agree that they were horrible, but nowadays, I don't see many Christians slaughtering people in the name of their faith. I also don't consider (Please forgive me if I rub any Catholics on this board the wrong way.) the Catholic Church of that time period to am prime example of Christianity.

(Sorry if I offend any FPS fans with this next line) It was proven that the two idiots who perpetrated the Columbine high school shooting played FPS games.

Also Lehah, I think you can make an opinion with taking the Lord's name in vain. If you can't, then I geniunely feel sorry for you, as your intellectual level must be fairly low if you can't express yourself with swearing or being vulgar. :mad:

Respectfully,
Torpedonut

try this Col.Dom

Start a Multyplayer Bot Match
open the command console
type in "devmapall <mapname>" (w/o ")
Ignite lightsaber
turn it off (press 1) so you are just holding the handle
open the command console again
enter /thedestroyer

if all has gone well, when you ignite your lightsaber again it should be a doublesided darth maul style one

EDIT:
(You can do this in regular multiplayer, but the host must have cheats must be enabled or it doesn't work)

Oggy is right but always work in Servers with cheats enabled.
i´m Dark Lord , but usually i play in private servers (hosted by me or Zorprime).
Just contact me with ICQ or MSN.

Originally posted by Starkey
Damn it, don´t start those forbidden fights or the Admins will shut this thread down.
:rolleyes:

Dear Torpedonut, you will learn with time that:

"Thou shall not reply LeHah´s harsh or stupid comments"
(that means don´t answer to him at all)

"Thou shall not discuss religion here, or the Flaming SubCrid Sword™ shall descend from the skies and burn threads down"

And some people still curse the Admins for shutting down threads. Yet, they INSIST on discussing religion here.

<edit>
On second thought, this thread is getting boring and stupid, fight on :(

I play FPS games and I don't own a gun. I play military flight sims and I've never droped napalm on families. I play WC but I do not beleive that my girlfriend's cats are going to kill me unless I get them first.

Playing games, does not mean anything. Reality and fantasy are two seperate elements. Saying that anyone acts out, on the sole basis of what they saw in a video game is the equivalent of blaming DC comics for a kid hurting themselves pretending to e Superman. Any three year old (properly raised) knows that they can not fly without the benefit of an aircraft. Just like any teenager knows the difference between a game and real-life.

Blame the parents, blame the school, blame the repressive social climate of suburbia. Blame something real.

Additionaly, I see no difference in playing Red Faction (Half Life rippoff), "killing" a few hundred baddies, and torp'ing the Lexington in WCIV.

I may be new here, but I've been reading this board a while. I know whom not to honk off. Lehah is one of them.

No, never. Cluster bombs are a different story...

I'm a photographer with (somewhat ironicly) really thick glasses. I could never fly a fighter-bomber in real life, even if I wanted to. (Which I don't.)

Sarcasm appreciated. I consider it a "welcome to the board".

At least in a game you don't have to worry about hurting real people.

Dropping bombs on people happens and sometimes Canadians get bombs dropped on them for no reason.

Originally posted by Torpedonut
Lehah,
Pratically EVERY religion has had a bloody past. Please don't single Christianity out and say that it is so horrible because people were killed in the Crusades and in the Inquisition. I agree that they were horrible, but nowadays, I don't see many Christians slaughtering people in the name of their faith. I also don't consider (Please forgive me if I rub any Catholics on this board the wrong way.) the Catholic Church of that time period to am prime example of Christianity.

(Sorry if I offend any FPS fans with this next line) It was proven that the two idiots who perpetrated the Columbine high school shooting played FPS games.

Also Lehah, I think you can make an opinion with taking the Lord's name in vain. If you can't, then I geniunely feel sorry for you, as your intellectual level must be fairly low if you can't express yourself with swearing or being vulgar.

I don't blame just Christianity. I think all religion is bullshit, but the worst is Christianity and it's subdivisions of varrying Christ worshiping bullshit.

If you don't think the Catholic Church of yesteryear is all too great, I'm assuming you support them in molesting children, allowing Jews to be carted off to death camps and allow constant oppression for genders and races to be fine for the last 100 years.

As for that FPS crack, I'd like to point out that each and every study done on children who play "violent" or "dangerous" games proved inconclusive. Just because JFK's assassin ran into a theater doesn't mean you can blame it on Hollywood. You're no better than my local idiot representive Joe Lieberman. According to his train of thought, if he played Cowboys and Indians growing up, he's an outright bigot without question.

I'll take the goddamn Lord's name in goddamn vain if you goddamn like it or not, goddamn it. Jesus is a dead Jew who's been gone for 2000 years and if you think he can love EVERY DUMBASS who comes along, including Hitler, Stalin and every KKK member alive, you're insane. And don't go giving me this bullshit that "God doesn't love them since they did bad stuff" because it says so in your "BIG HOLY BOOK OF DUMBNESS". Stuff you, Christ Boy.

Finally, if you want anything else to say about your big, dumb old religion of opression, death and castration of small boys religion, you can email me and take it up with me there, since the CZ isn't the place for you to be spreading the waste-water word of the goddamned Lord or me to be saying what I'm saying.

(And to LOAF or TC, please feel free to tear this down if you find it too damned annoying)

Originally posted by Oggy
try this Col.Dom

Start a Multyplayer Bot Match
open the command console
type in "devmapall <mapname>" (w/o ")
Ignite lightsaber
turn it off (press 1) so you are just holding the handle
open the command console again
enter /thedestroyer

if all has gone well, when you ignite your lightsaber again it should be a doublesided darth maul style one

EDIT:
(You can do this in regular multiplayer, but the host must have cheats must be enabled or it doesn't work)

Thanks Oggy :D

i´m Dark Lord , but usually i play in private servers (hosted by me or Zorprime).
Just contact me with ICQ or MSN.

SCHWEET :D

People who try to say that video games are the cause of shootings and stuff, are the same type of people who try to say that things like Dungeons and Dragons makes you pick up a sword and chop your friends up.

In both situations, the people doing these things (yes, people HAVE chopped up people with swords in modern days... :eek: ~I wasn't there for it?!~) are people who already have mental problems as a general whole. I never have understood how people can blame music, tv, movies, etc. but they never stop to think that maybe the people were just FUCKING CRAZY! (Grr that burns me, sorry!)

Originally posted by Torpedonut
It was proven that the two idiots who perpetrated the Columbine high school shooting played FPS games.
I am sure that there are several other reasons for the choices of those two boys and several other school suicide murderers. FPS games may only play a small part in their choice to go on a shooting spree.

LeHah, I don't think your outburst was necessary. Check your mail.

Back