Boomboom

Anagram said:
And Arrows CAN be used for long missions, you just have to fly well, Quarto. *S*

With my understanding of Quarto's flying style through his own comments, "Quarto" and "fly well" don't belong in the same sentence.
wink.gif

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Arrow is actually a long range fighter, designed for long missions. More of the scouting type, but they can perform quite well in sweaping nav points of some cats.

I love light fighters... I used the Arrow and Banshee for basically every mission they were available for until I got the Dragon. (I even used the arrow for many bombing runs)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Knight, it's not nice to just come out and say that
smile.gif
. Besides, I didn't say I'm that bad - I'm just slightly below average, is all.
wink.gif

Light fighters are excellent for bombing runs as long as youre taking out transports and the like. When you get into the really nasty stuff like cruisers and carriers you need a Thud at least. As long as it's manuverable enough to dodge antimatter its cool with me. (damn prophecy engine. No killing capships with a single fighter guns only. well, the Devestator...)

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

[This message has been edited by Chernikov (edited June 02, 2000).]

No... I used the arrow taking out the big guns too.
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Not likely... on the really big stuff the gun recharge isnt good enough to keep up with the target's shield recharge... unless youre flying as a ROOKIE, in which case you should fly everything in a Hellcat to give the Cats a chance.

BTW, if you claim to having taken down a Dreadnaught with an Arrow, Im going to laugh, then shoot you to put you out of your misery.

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

If you`re that good TC, I think you should join your local airforce, they`re missing out on one helluva pilot.
rolleyes.gif

No way have I taken down the dreadnaught... if you use the firepower efficiently you can finish most of the bombing missions in an arrow...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

TC: even at hard? I no longer have my WC3 copy so I cant check myself, but I think I remember something about the ships being better armored around hero or nightmare. Im not sure the Arrow's gun recharge would be good enough to take a heavy destroyer at that level (we need game-accurate stats and gunpool information. Does anyone have those?)

------------------

If you use your hardpoints effectively and pump some extra power into guns you can take capships out.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Not with an Arrow TC.
The arrow's gun recharge simply can not keep up with the target's shield recharge. Focusing on hardpoints is ineffective with the Arrow, because the Arrow stinks as an Interceptor. Now.. if you can drop a Dreadnought in an arrow, I'd be impressed.

Let me put it this way, the Arrow is a long-range fighter, so it is best for reconnaisance. Everyone (even present day), designs their long-range recon fighters; as basically flying Fuel Tanks!

You think a flying fuel tank can hold proper weaoponry to take out a Dreadnought class Capital Ship?!?

The only good thing about an Arrow in a fleet is that it can act as the Vanguard

The only numbers I found for the Arrow you ask for is 500 gunpool and 20 recharge(WC4). I never checked to see if they were correct.

Metras said:
Not with an Arrow TC.
The arrow's gun recharge simply can not keep up with the target's shield recharge. Focusing on hardpoints is ineffective with the Arrow, because the Arrow stinks as an Interceptor. Now.. if you can drop a Dreadnought in an arrow, I'd be impressed.
Ships like carriers and dreadnoughts are quite easy to destroy in an arrow, because you can fly inside where there are no shields.
smile.gif
And I can assure everyone that Arrows guns recharge quickly enough to keep up with the recharge rate of shields on destroyers and cruisers. Just last week I droped some heavy destroyers on the nightmare level, in the Arrow.
smile.gif

Metras said:
You think a flying fuel tank can hold proper weaoponry to take out a Dreadnought class Capital Ship?!?
Don't forget that WC is just a game. Therefore, the Arrow can take out a ship that's couple thousand times larger because games are unrealistic.
smile.gif

****Originally posted by Metras:
Ouch... I stand corrected.

Have you done a Vesuvius?!
smile.gif

Yeah, I can take out a Vesuvius in a ship like the Banshee.
smile.gif
Use the Scatter gun, and if you can spare them, some DF missiles.

Ya gotta love Origin's quote on WCIV:
(-based on a realistic gaming engine...)

I suppose you can't always believe promo's.
But then again, isn't it what we are doing?
Making order out of this WC chaos?
(Realistically, it would not be possible
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
Metras

Member of BlackLance HQ

"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Well... S.M.Tolwyn from BlackLance won't be happy if you take out his precious BLS Krakatoa in one of those...
biggrin.gif

Back