Aight guys I'm bein serious for once

Cricket said:
You know 75% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Actually, that's 48.6%...
smile.gif

DeltaKiller said:
That is the hardest feeling that a man can get. Wanting to ask out a girl/woman and find out that she is going with someone else. Never try to put yourself against a boyfriend, that will make things very unplesant. Yes, if she told you that she is going with someone else, then don't say anything. At least right now. If they break up, wait awhile, then make your move.

Aye... I do the same... But it kills...

Quarto said:
I find it rather odd that you all seem to think that friends are inevitably lost at some point. That entirely depends on the level of friendship. I know several people that I haven't seen for a year or five, but I still consider them friends, and they consider me a friend.

But, eventually, as memories fade, people lose track of each other. It's inevitable. Forget to write a letter, forget to reply to a phone message, and suddenly, they're lost. It happens.

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

[This message has been edited by Anagram (edited June 07, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Death's Head said:
I think it depends on just what you're doing to be "more than friends".
smile.gif

I mean I wonder just because you use the term "scared". I never really had this happen, although inevitable drifting apart is common if we're not true friends. Acquintances come and go, but for me, friends are virtually forever.

What the fuck are you talking about man? Trust me, I know from experience you have to go right after what you want. I have been with many girls that I stayed friends with after we broke up, so if you really care about her craze, then go for it. Hell the only reason my current relationship has lasted as long as it has is because I started the flirtation process from the getgo. Happy Hunting
smile.gif

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Cricket: You got that right. Generalisations are always wrong.

MadDog243: Of course, a lot of girls won't be friends with people who start flirting right off because they'll think that you're simply out to screw 'em over (a somewhat disgraceful pun, but an appropriate one).

Anagram Says:
But, eventually, as memories fade, people lose track of each other. It's inevitable. Forget to write a letter, forget to reply to a phone message, and suddenly, they're lost. It happens.
So, don't forget. If you want to stay friends, you will need to put a bit of effort in. Otherwise, you've got no excuse for losing friends. And if your friend is the one who forgets - remind him/her. Usually, it just turns out that they happened to simply be too busy.

Mad Hatter says:
So I guess it`s just me they don`t want to stay friends with.
No, it happened to me once too. But I don't think the girl was "scared". Actually, she felt she was doing me a favour by telling me to never speak to her again.
[Philosopher mode] Who knows, maybe she was right? [/Philosopher mode]

That happened to me too. And I let it go. We weren't really true friends, and eventually I forgot her. Then I got this one that fell from the sky, and we've been together for years. I don't regret one thing that I did.

As Cricket said, It depends on the person. If you think you can let it go and not be bugged by it later on your life, then let it go. If you thing this will come again and again and again, then go there and ask. Even if you get a no, you'll know that you tried. Take some time to get over it, forget it and then go on with your life.

Like so many people say: letting it go to crap for something like that is a waste of effort, waste of time, waste of life.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

Quarto said:
So, don't forget. If you want to stay friends, you will need to put a bit of effort in. Otherwise, you've got no excuse for losing friends. And if your friend is the one who forgets - remind him/her. Usually, it just turns out that they happened to simply be too busy.

Yeah, but what do you do when a person never returns phone calls, or for that matter pick up the phone and call, never asks how you`re doing, and always says he`s too busy to talk?

Well, that depends on what person it is. Did s/he use to return calls, or was s/he always like that? And how long has s/he been too busy for? In other words, do you think the person is trying to tell you to bugger off, or can his/her behaviour be excused?

Of course, there's no point trying to maintain a friendship if the other person just doesn't give a damn about it any more.

Boy, all this talk of girls is making me depressed ... I've got exams, I really don't need to be reminded of similar problems I'm having ...

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Craze did say he was being serious this time, and knowing him, you should`ve expected some thing along these lines, and you could have avoided the topic.
wink.gif

I know the feeling, Steampunk. What's it, like...*checks watch*...18 years that I'm single now.
frown.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Quarto,
Yes, they may well think that. But you don't do it in such obvious ways, you let them know your interested in a romantic relationship but that you will also be their when they need you.

Cricket,
NO it does not vary from woman to woman if you learn how to read body language. Body language does not vary AT ALL, it's something every woman is born with.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I know how I think, and it's not how other girls think. Body language depends on where a person's brought up, by the way.

And when I said not all people are the same, I meant that not all people get scared if someone they don't like asks them out, although some people do. That changes with each person.

Your right about people getting scared, but you are wrong about body language. Luckily I have a large amount of experience in this field
smile.gif
. ALL girls have the same body language, whether they realize it or not. If you learn, you can tell whether or not a girl is interested just by her body language. However, not just one open form of body language means they like you, you have to see six or seven positive forms of body language.

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Since you seem to be such an expert, MadDog, maybe you`d consider starting a course in male female relations.
wink.gif

I wonder if what he learned about body language came from a positive experience... or an experience where whatever is being held in the potential's left hand (right hand if half past the hour), ends up in his face...

... I just hope she wasn't doing sheet-metal
biggrin.gif

Maddog, you think you know a woman better than a woman? Why don't you change your name to Don Juan?
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited June 08, 2000).]

MadDog243: No offence, but that's a load of BS
smile.gif
. Did you know that in some countries of the world, nodding your head means "no", and shaking it means "yes"? There is no such thing as universal body language. Not for women, not for men, not for anything.

Damn, looks like it's gonna be raining soon. I'd better go and buy some lunch, lest I be forced to get wet (I don't much enjoy walking in the rain when the prevailing winds are from the Antarctic
smile.gif
).

*sigh* ... despite the fact I tell all my friends I'm psychic, I'm not and thus could not really have known what this topic would have been ... *sigh* ...

I wish body alnguage was a constant in women. It would make every man's life a lot easier. We'd probably have 25% of it mapped out by now ...

There are few mysteries left in the world that we haven`t figured out yet, steampunk.
You wanna take that one away too?
smile.gif

Heh. Fat chance
smile.gif
. Humans can explore the universe, uncover all the mysteries out there, and even discover the meaning of life, but... whether they be men or women, they'll never fully understand the opposite sex.

Back