Aight guys I'm bein serious for once

Craze

Spaceman
Aight check it. Today was the last day of school for me for this year. Today I was gonna ask this one girl who I have been friends with for a while now. But I had one obstacle, she has just started goin out with this one guy. And today I decided not to say anything because I'd rather not have her mad at me for something. I'd rather just be friends than nothin at all. I think I did the right thing but I was just wonderin if you all think the same.

------------------
And I was stupid enough to think that us brotha's had to stick togetha. :p

That is the hardest feeling that a man can get. Wanting to ask out a girl/woman and find out that she is going with someone else. Never try to put yourself against a boyfriend, that will make things very unplesant. Yes, if she told you that she is going with someone else, then don't say anything. At least right now. If they break up, wait awhile, then make your move.

At least that's what I've always felt.

Anyone else?

-=DeltaKiller=-

I hate to say it, but you missed your chance. you should of started flirting with her as soon as you liked her. If you didn't let her know some time ago that you had feelings for her than 9 times out of 10 she will always think of your relationship as "just friends". Sorry dude.
frown.gif

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain man... Ive missed a couple times myself because I held back. What needs to be said has been said.

LOAF, master of (failed) relationships, will go against the grain.

I say you ask -- you have absolutely nothing to lose. You said that this was your last day of school... despite all the crap you'll hear about being friends with everybody forever, you'll lose touch with these people in no time. You've got nothing to lose, and at least it won't eat away at you in the future.

Not again. Lane Ranger had the same problem a while ago. Well not exactly the same, but there was a girl and yadda yadda ...

Yeah, but like 99.9 percent of all the problems you'll ever have will inovlve a girl...
smile.gif

I like Lone Ranger, he was nice. A bit emotional but he was okay.

Why'd you ask out the girl at the end of the year? Unless she lives near you or something you wouldn't see her too often, even if you had asked her out. Then again, if you're freinds, you might see her often anyways.

And what's so bad about just being freinds with a girl? I mean, just because you're not going out with her doesn't mean she doesn't like you. Most of the time you'll be freinds with the person a long time after she's broken up with the other guy.

Just be nice to her and wait, people like having someone to talk to.

Cricket: Was?
smile.gif
Lone Ranger is still here - only, he's called Silent Warrior now.

LOAF: How very true
smile.gif

Hey, piece of mind, the first relationship is always the most difficult to get over with. Heck! Statistics show that only 12% of First Loves, actually lead to marriage!

If you can beat the statistics... I don't see why you should worship any deities anymore, 'cause... you just broke the bank!

------------------
Assistant Game Master
Chief of Public Relations
BlackLance HQ

"..there are always three sides to any given truth..."

Statistics? Bah, statistics. Statistics claim that over 50% of all marriages end in divorce.

There's a lot of false statistics out there.
smile.gif

What are you implying? that there`s less than 50% or more than 50%.
smile.gif

Cricket: You`re right, but that`s the problem. You`re afraid of rejection, because you know that you won`t be able to go back to being just friends once you`ve asked the girl out, and she said "no".
That`s the problem with falling in-love with a friend. If you don`t know the girl, and you ask her out, and she said "no", you haven`t really lost anything (well, except for your self-esteem, maybe). But, if it`s a friend you want to ask out, and she says "no", you might lose her as a friend too, and that`s the problem. A lot of people prefer not to ask the question, because that way they can stay close forever. Or at least that`s what they think. Eventually, as Loaf stated quite correctly, the relationship dies out anyway, so you should ask yourself wheather you prefer to stay friends for a few more years, or risk losing a friend.

Well, since one normally sees a lot of married people out there, I tend to think that it's less than 50%
smile.gif

I find it rather odd that you all seem to think that friends are inevitably lost at some point. That entirely depends on the level of friendship. I know several people that I haven't seen for a year or five, but I still consider them friends, and they consider me a friend.
Of course, staying friends with a girl you happen to be in love with is just plain torture. Trust me.

Hey Craze, this may be four days too late but if you haven't asked her yet, you should.Loaf's right about the future part of it too. And just for the record, my wife was involved with some guy when I met her. Bottom line; nice guys finsh last(and they don't get the babes either). And if you do ask and she blows you off, don't worry, Women are like buses, if you miss one another will be along in another 15 minutes. Luck be with you!

A bus?[obligatory Simpsons reference] I say they're more like a beer: The look good, they smell good, you'd step over your own mother just get to one!

But you can't stop at just one! You'll want to drink another woman![/obligatory Simpsons reference]

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Heh... thanks a lot guys

And sorry Lone Ranger/Silent Warrior, I didn't know you were the same person
frown.gif

Mad Hatter: If you're going to ask someone out, you should have the guts to stick it out even if the other person says no. And if you're freinds with someone, just one mistake won't mess it up forever.

You know 75% of statistics are made up on the spot?

Cricket: Let me guess how you came up with that 75%
biggrin.gif
Sometimes, it's pretty much impossible to stay friends with the girl after that, simply because she doesn't want to stay friends. And even if she does (I've been in both situations), it takes a hell of a lot of work to re-build that friendship - it's worth it though.

So I guess it`s just me they don`t want to stay friends with.
smile.gif
or is it
frown.gif

I don`t pretend to know women very well, but it is my impression that once you try and become more than friends with a girl, she tends to become afraid, that you may try to do something against her will, so naturally she tries to put some distance between you and her.
Believe me, I`m not just making things up as I go, I`m speaking out of past experience(s).
frown.gif

I think it depends on just what you're doing to be "more than friends".
smile.gif

I mean I wonder just because you use the term "scared". I never really had this happen, although inevitable drifting apart is common if we're not true friends. Acquintances come and go, but for me, friends are virtually forever.

Back