|Maximum Yaw||21 dps|
|Maximum Pitch||21 dps|
|Maximum Roll||21 dps|
|Rotational Acceleration||50 dps2|
|Turreted Maser (4)|
|Fore||1000 cm equivalent|
|Aft||1000 cm equivalent|
|Minimum Recharge||2.5 cm/second|
|Default Recharge||25 cm/second|
|Maximum Recharge||37.5 cm/second|
|Core Damage Points||800|
|Source||Origin's Official Guide to Wing Commander Prophecy|
Wing Commander: Prophecy
- Appears in Mission
- C2a: G'wriss - Alien Starship Encounter
- C2b: G'wriss - Shrike Escort
- C2c: G'wriss - Enemy Starship Encounter
- C3a: G'wriss - Cruiser Assault
- C3b: G'wriss - Hydra Fleet Assault
- DL2: H'hrass - Cruiser Group Assault
- E4a: T'lan Meth - Kilrathi Rendezvous
- E4b: T'lan Meth - Diversionary Strike
- F3: T'lan Meth - Shrike Bomber Assault
- H4: Hrissith - Ship Killer Assault
- H6: Hrissith - Painting the Target
- L2: Hellespont - Jump Point Standoff
- L3: Hellespont - Last Stand at Alcor
Origin's Official Guide to Wing Commander Prophecy
Four Maser turrets make this small cap ship worth watching. The corvette is small and light, suitable for attacking targets requiring more firepower than would be available from fighter squads. However, they are slower and less maneuverable than fighters and they aren't shielded or armored anywhere close to the extent of the larger cap ships in the Alien fleet. Because of this, they are by no means out of the running as potential targets for adventurous young fighter pilots.
Fighters are typically not a priority target for the Barracuda, but as with any ship they will return fire at anything that antagonizes them. Note that a Barracuda's turrets are too small to be targeted -- the only way to take them out is to destroy the corvette itself.
Wing Commander: Secret Ops
- Appears in Mission
- A2: Courage - Scramble / Ambush
- B3: Ella - Deep Strike One
- C2b: Talos - The Clean Blitz
- C4a: Talos - The Great Forbidden
- C5a: Talos - Deep Strike Two
- E2: Luyten - Defensive Tactics
- E6a: Luyten - Long Range Strike
- E6b: Luyten - Two Phase Strike
- F1: Sirius - Supply Line Crunch
- F2: Sirius - Destroyer Crunch
- F3: Sirius - Supply Line Crunch Two
- F6a: Sirius - Path To Proxima
- F6b: Sirius - Road To Proxima
- G2: Krieger - Tactical Reposition
- G3: Krieger - Carrier Assault One
- G4: Krieger - Carrier Erasure
- G6: Krieger - Turrets Swipe
- G8: Krieger - Path To Proxima
- H1a: Proxima - Evasive Recon Patrol
- H1b: Proxima - Reconnaissance Patrol
FF - 4a Barracuda
MESH NAME: SKATE.IFF
Mission Role: The type of missions this ship was built for
Jump Capable: Yes
Max Speed Set/Aft: 250 kps
Max Y/P/R: 70/50/70
Acceleration: 50 kps2
ID Sensor: Unknown
Shield Strength Fore/Aft: 800/800 cm equiv.
Shield Recharge Rate: 30 cm equiv.
Armor Strength Fore/Aft/Port/Starboard: 130/110/120/120
Guns: 4X Multi-directional laser spheres
Missiles: 10X Alien Image Rec.
Follow rules for: Standard Wing Commander Sized (smaller) - Cap Ships.
Constituent parts: Engines, Bridge, Turrets, Con Towers, all weapons.
Shield Emitters for: No shield emitters. This ship has internal shields for everything. Has fore/art/port/starboard armor.
Target ID: Skate Corvette
Length: approx. 130 meters
Mass: approx. 3300 metric tonnes
Description: Intended to lay waste entire formations of opposing fighters, this is a massive, heavily shielded and armored (but not particularly maneuverable) vessel. It is armed with several small “disco ball” weapons which emerge slowly from the hull to spray concentrated and devastating anti-fighter fire in almost any direction (though the potency of the fire decreases rapidly over range). The balls then must retract into the hull to recharge, rendering the ship temporarily vulnerable for several seconds. Additionally, the balls themselves can (and generally must) be targeted and destroyed just prior to firing, when they are in the process of rising out of their charger housings.