The old EA Arcade site has gone away, but it's been replaced by classy new pages at EA.com. What's more, the URL that used to send players to the home of Wing Commander Arena, Boom Boom Rocket and others now forwards directly to the new Arena page. The "sizzle" videos from the XBox Live Marketplace have been placed on the site, and fancy background images based on the game's concept art and renders have been added. They add a very nice touch!
Wing Commander is back with an all-new game for Xbox Live Arcade.
It's the year 2701. Head to the fringes of the former Frontier to join or destroy what's left of the Kilrathi Empire. Form a squad and destroy enemy armadas as you climb the leaderboards. Featuring four modes of gameplay, eight maps, and the first 16-player action on Xbox Live Arcade, Wing Commander Arena is the perfect mix of classic arcade fun and modern multiplayer chaos.
- The first 16-player game on Xbox Live Arcade
- Form your squad then hunt down and destroy enemy armadas
- Four game modes: single player, plus multiplayer Team, Free for All, and Duel
- Eight game maps set in the outer reaches of space
- Track your progress as you climb single- and multiplayer leaderboards
- Blast away and earn new Xbox Live achievements