Your WC dream ship?

The Fly said:
I found it out!: The Arrow can't fly into a planets atmosphere. The Hellcat can :p .

Given the choice of either the Hellcat or the Vindicator (for atmospheric flight), I'll choose the Vindicator anyday.

The Vindicator isn't a Confederation spacecraft. But I can't really remember flying it very well. So I can't judge about it.

I dreaded any mission that had me flying the Hellcrap without choice.

I give up. Debating teenagers never yelds any good...

Meow Mix said:
When you turn a ship and the camera angle turns then the ship turns a little after that what causes that? I always figured it was your head turning before the ship turns but now that I am talking to a Wing Commander expert I must know, once and for all, the truth...

Well, on the technical side of things, one must understand first that the cockpits move so they won't seem so static. But, as far as in-game, your cockpit lag isn't terribly realistic unless it's because your head/torso is moving first, in which case, your 'camera' wouldn't line up with your hud or indicators (such as your crosshairs) because they don't move with your head (seeing as such things are dependent on the orientation of the ship, not the orientation of your noggin). SO, the best explaination for this phenomenon is "Because it's a video game".

Hope that helps.

i realy use any plane, you can call me a all around pilot. use what i get. as i have said 3 times before sad thing that its no multiplayer.

That's the only thing I didn't like about the Wing Commander games. Two of my best friends are also real good flight sim pilots, and I'd like to see how their skills compate to mine in an Excalibur, T-bolt, Dragon, Bearcat, or Avenger.

Ein-7919 said:
Given the choice of either the Hellcat or the Vindicator (for atmospheric flight), I'll choose the Vindicator anyday.

The Vindicator is mega slow and it turns like a duck... 1 on 1 the Hellcat most surely has the upperhand.

Edfilho said:
I dreaded any mission that had me flying the Hellcrap without choice. ...

I have to agree and a good example is the time you have to chase down and kill Hobbes, that shows that even a great AI pilot is really hard to kill in a Thunderbolt with a Hellcat. It also seems like the Hellcat is made out of papermache like one on those paper models you can download on the main page.

Edfilho said:
<scriptkiddie>But my l33t0r h4xx0r3d Midway could kill even TEN Vesusius, dude.</scriptkiddie>

The TCS Midway is more l33t then the TCS Vesuvius is...

Mega Carrier vs Heavy Carrier.

I really didn't have a problem taking Hobbes on. I used the superior speed of the Hellcat and made several passes at him until he took off. Later, of course, I fragged him and Thrakhath while in my fave WC3 fighter, the Excalibur, after "lowering the boom" (as Vagabond put it in WC4) with Dr. Sevrin's temblor.

Back