Your WC dream ship?

Leech missiles were kinda like spider bites. You knock 'em out of the fight and save 'em for later. Unless you were trying to capture a fighter, or cap ship, leech missiles fall under the same argument as glow missiles, or attractor missiles (only more understandable, and less stupid). They just add another step to an already dangerous process.

overmortal said:
Leech missiles were kinda like spider bites. You knock 'em out of the fight and save 'em for later. Unless you were trying to capture a fighter, or cap ship, leech missiles fall under the same argument as glow missiles, or attractor missiles (only more understandable, and less stupid). They just add another step to an already dangerous process.
Unless you figure out that no more ships spawn while one is still alive. So you leech one, kill everything else, kill the capship, then kill the leeched fighter. No fuss. :D

C-ya

All this talk of the Banshee made me remember that I always chose the Banshee as my fighter/interceptor (that is, if I couldn't have my dear Avenger).

So, I suppose I gotta make an addendum: My dream BW ship is a tie between the Banshee (a single shot of the spread fire ion cannon at close range + a few shots of the leech gun = fun times) and the Avenger.

BTW: edfilho, point taken. Furthermore, I apologize for my passive-aggressive hostility towards you (and/or any other poster I may have been addressing (intentionally or unintentionally)) as well as any overt pissiness. I just find it irritating (in addition to the whole 'not signalling at stops' and the 'not reading entire posts' issues...okay, so maybe a few more things too) that when somebody mistakenly believes that g-forces involve gravity (okay, so it's a grievous mistake), they get called an ignorant kid. Not having a physics class that deals with gravity in 6+ years will do that to you (I won't even go into the semantic reasoning process that I went through for defining g-forces...suffice it to say, my reasoning at that time was inherently flawed). The next time such a misunderstanding occurs, I will repost any retractions of my claim(s), as opposed to merely editing a previous post and vehemently suggesting that people read the editted post.

In any case, I apologize for any transgressions of forum etiquette on my part. Peace out, and rock on in the Banshee :cool:

Depends on the game, actually. In WC3, they act differently, IIRC... They just zap shields or cut the power for a few seconds, isn't it?

The leech missile effect in WC4 is a lot stronger, you freeze an enemy fighter with one missile... And I personaly avoid killing Border-worlders in WC4 =)

The leech gun is also great. I really like the indie weapons and guns of the BW.

The Fly said:
dude you clearly know nothing about flight suits... there are air expansion bags in the flight suits of combat pilots that help but presure on the body of the pilot so not all the blood drain away from his brains while pulling positive Gs. Pilots even get air pumped into their loungs from the suit. Ofcourse the space suits help... there is very heavy G force on the pilots... Why else do you think that Seether is the ultimate pilot??? He's genetically engineered to be the perfect pilot. He can withstand much higher stress then normal humans would. And while under this presure he can react much better then normal humans would. If this wouldn't be true then it would only be about the spacecrafts. How else would a longbow ever be able to get behind a Dralthi? A faster turning craft would always win if you where right. In the game and in realitie this isn't the case. Pilots don't pull their stick all the way to the limits. Because it would make them fade out. This is why an Arrow wont always win from a Hellcat. It's all about what the pilot can take. If what you say is true then a arrow vs arrow battle would always be undicided because they would just turn after eachother at the maximum turn angle. This is not the case ofcourse. So get fucking man! If this aint true then why did the guy that Maniac was talking about puking while he was turning a few roles???

Flight suits have nothing to do with altitudes... they are pure for withstanding G-forces. The Wing Commander suits that are seen in WC III and WC IV are much bigger then the ones currently used.

On the contrary....dude...I am a real world pilot, I served in the air force based at HAFB NM, flew F-16's back in the 80's, served during two conflicts, and I know tons about flight suits. But your missing the entire point of the discussion.

Try mixing reality WITH reality, and not this fantisy fiction sim information your trying to shove out here as fact, because it isnt. What you see in these sims, such as your Seether rant there, has very little clout in the real world, and nothing in them even comes close to what occurs in the real world of flight. Again, as I suggested above, head on over to NASA's various websites containing TONS of real world data on both atmospheric and space flight.

And I didnt make up any of that data on them sites..its all REAL FACT, not fiction or fantisy.

Very well said. My father can attest to that, since he worked alongside fighter pilots during his service in the USAF during 'Nam. He was a mechanic on the F-4 Phantom, and he'd routinely talk to the pilots after they landed.

BTW,
Please, people (me, I know), it's piraNHA. N-H-A. PIRANHA.

when you graduated from a school that sells 400 lb hay bales out of it's front yard, it's pirahna. I also like the banshy, the airow, and the hellkitten. ;)

The F-16 is also a fighter bomber, he can do almost any job. Just not as good, perhaps, as the F-15 or F-18.

Colonel Sanders said:
when you graduated from a school that sells 400 lb hay bales out of it's front yard, it's pirahna. I also like the banshy, the airow, and the hellkitten. ;)

Erm, I understand you used to study in a barn? =)

I wasn't really talking specifically to you, it's just that I rarely read Piranha around here, it's always piranah or pirahna... Not that any people outside Portuguese, Spanish and Italian speaking countries would be able to pronounce it. (piraña in spanish and piragna in italian).

christ even UNH doesn't have a barn (although we do have stables) and we are up in supposed "cow hampshire"

It's interesting that they would choose a fish name for a Confed fighter on WCP, when such is the method of code-naming lots of bug Ships. In fact, Confed not once use Piranhas on "swarm" attacks, as perhaps the bugs could.

My family has a barn. It's very old and about to collapse. My dad used to keep horses in it. And chickens. I hate both of those animals, except for eating. I eat chickens regularly, as my revenge for having to feed them all those years. I have yet to eat a horse, but the day draws ever closer . . . . ever closer.

I have a barn but it has nothing farm related in it, at most it has the ride on mower and his bmw...

fishin.jpg
Edfilho said:
BTW,
Please, people, it's piraNHA. N-H-A. PIRANHA.

Back