Your WC dream ship?

Quoting Col. Blair's line from WCIV to Catscratch.

If I could only choose one fighter from WC (to get back on topic), it'd be the Dragon.

Edfilho said:
He's just quoting Blair on WC4

Yeah, I know, but it's a skillful use of the quote; like quoting Shakespeare in an electoral speech, logic argument, or exceptional chewing-out in order to emphasize the point.

(alright, I'm not analogizing Hamill or Roberts to Shakespeare, you guys know what I mean...)

Good. Some of Blair's utterings are quite far from Shakespear. Also from WC4:

"There are other nuggets in the asteroid belt."

"That wasn't hotdogging, Maniac. That was the move of a true master."

"Wars are like bombs, Catscratch; the fuse gets lit before you actually hear the bang."

"The Border Worlds have fallen victim to a plot, which, if allowed to proceed, will make all of humanity a victim!"

And, last but not least:
(Seether) "You're gonna wish you never met me."
(Blair) "I already do."
(that entire scene was so much better in the book, where Blair got his ass kicked, and Maniac stuck a gun in Seether's ear like a merciless machine)

"That wasn't hotdogging, Maniac. That was the move of a true master."

is definitely my vote for worst wc quote ever.

rampage3057 said:
Edilho said:
Originally Posted by Edfilho
He's just quoting Blair on WC4
Yeah, I know, but it's a skillful use of the quote; like quoting Shakespeare in an electoral speech, logic argument, or exceptional chewing-out in order to emphasize the point.

(alright, I'm not analogizing Hamill or Roberts to Shakespeare, you guys know what I mean...)

True. I was just picking on LOAF a little. It was surelly a skillful use of a quote to avoid actually telling us any of his probably entertaining stories. :) But it's funny how LOAF seldon talks of ingame experiences... He probalby likes the WCU facts and stories better than the gameplay itself. But, who knows, I might be wrong.

Pliers, to Blair, after Blair defects:
"Well if it ain't the new Confed flyboy. Fightin' on our side, huh?"
Blair: "Yeah. Name's Blair."
Pliers: "Well hoo-ray, guess that means we're gonna win this thing after all, right?" "Welcome aboard kid. Chief Tech Robert Sykes, but you can call me "Pliers".
Blair: "Thanks, Pliers."
Pliers: *gestures towards Blair's Hellcat* "Haven't seen one of those babies in quite a while. Not up close, anyway."
Blair: "Bet you used to work on plenty of 'em"
Pliers: "Hell ya. I used to pull Kilrathi whiskers outta the intakes for kids like you." "Hey, don't let these grey hairs fool ya, kid. I can still perform miracles with nothin' more'n a socket driver'n a pile of junk parts."
Blair: "Looks to me like you kinda have to."
Pliers: "Yeah. Plus I can tweak the specs way beyond what those egghead engineers come up with."
Blair: "Well great. I need all the help I can get out there."
Pliers: "Well, just wait and see what I can do, kid. Trust me."

Ha, yeah! Pliers has a really dirty smile at his face at the end of this scene and he keeps rubbing his shin while he's looking at the Hellcat. :D To bad we'll never find out what Pliers did to that poor Cat.

We know what happened to it... Plyers dismatled the fighter for parts. Which is the best thing that can happen to it, I'll take the Banshee anyday,

I always thought that flying a Razor would have been an interesting challenge. The thing's got a gun and missile loadout pretty much identicle to an Arrow, but it's shields and armor make it more like a Tie Fighter. Sorta like a WC4 Hornet..."A real artist's ship," as Iceman said... ;)

OK, I'd take a Raptor if I could outfit it with 2 additional Pilums, and swap the 2 Neutron guns for 2 Mass Driver Cannons. More Porcupines would be nice too.....

Back