X-Men 2 (warning: spoilers)

Originally posted by LeHah

Not even remotely. Me farting has more of an air of ESB than Reloaded.

T3 looks doomed. I mean, shit, a female Terminator? What next? A crippled, mulatto Terminator who speaks with a lisp?

Also, the fact that the new Terminator model is called TX makes me want to hit Jonathan Mostow in the face with a tire iron.

Re: ESB. Are you saying that Empire Strikes Back is as good as your farts or that your farts are one of the most entertaining products to come out of film in the past century?

Re: T3. What's wrong with a female terminator. Makes sense actually, if the terminators actually did what they were suppossed to, but all they really seem to do is hunt Mr. Connor. But still. I see nothing wrong with it.

Also, what's so bad about "TX"?

I'm saying the compairson of Reloaded and ESB is extremely off-base. It's like compairing apples and apples from an alternate anti-matter dimension where your anti-matter double is an evil anti-matter-based scientist.

The T3 thing is bothersome because the "female" aspect is just pure gimick and crap-ass hollywood sex appeal. It does nothing to largely further the story; as the original T-1G script predated the female TX.

Also, adding "X" to anything makes it "hip". "X-treme", "X-cellent", etc. It's just an annoying selling point thats meant to be hip but it's dated and old and silly.

Oh I see. Those are valid arguments. I really hate it when an X is put in to replace "Ex" in words. That's one of my pet peeves.

I touched on this in my previous post but has annoyone ever noticed how we've only seen *one* terminator who does what terminators are meant to do (infiltrate human resistance bases and strike from the core of the base) while all of the others either spend their time rescuing/hunting John Connor or walking around battlefields without human skin and shooting the crap out of people?

One could argue we see all those Terminator units without skin walking around on the battlefield since they still act inhumanly robotic when passing for a human.

You're smoking crack. Platoon is the worst movie script ever. It's just a bunch of random scenes on a bunch of paper. It only came together in post production. His original "Conan The Barbarian" script is very similar.
Now, regardless of the fact that I disagree about Platoon, what's your point? Even if there is something worse out there, Reloaded is still one of the worst scripts ever :).

Don't make me make a list proving you wrong. You know I'll do it.

Not even remotely. Me farting has more of an air of ESB than Reloaded.

Okay, so let me word it differently:

Is it just me, or did Matrix Reloaded rip-off Empire Strikes Back?

maybe a bad try to rip off ESB. I mean at the end of ESB movie I at least was very compelled to see how hte story ends. That's what you get from a story that was meant to be a series of movies (like Star Wars, Back to the Future), a real climax. I walked out of the matrix just thinking, their making this s*%t up as they go.

C-ya

Also, adding "X" to anything makes it "hip". "X-treme", "X-cellent", etc. It's just an annoying selling point thats meant to be hip but it's dated and old and silly.

They did that on the SG-1 Episode "Wormhole X-Treme", Martin wanted to call the show in the episode "Going to other Planets", but Market Research showed that addding X to a title makes it cool, just as you said LeHah

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Is it just me, or did Matrix Reloaded rip-off Empire Strikes Back?
Well... you'd need to explain in what way it rips off ESB. Because as it is right now, I'm tending towards the 'just you' theory.

I walked out of the matrix just thinking, their making this s*%t up as they go.

Conquer -- I guess they *have* to do that... they're working in the shadows of a very impressive movie... but it's all been done with a very lets-appeal-to-13-year-olds-and-no-one-else mentality.

"Hey, people loved the fight with *one* Agent Smith... what if, we had, like, a hundred of them? That'd be so awesome."

Remember in the original movie when they explained something along the lines of they'd had a previous version of the matrix where everything was perfect but no one believed it and that's why there's suffering and such in the world? That's really clever. In this one where they try to explain that previous versions of the matrix are why there are vampires is not only incredibly dumb -- but it completely ruins the original idea.

Fine, "just the silly people" then.

Back on topic, I just reread my copy of "God Loves, Man Kills" which X2 is loosely based on. They have similar plot ideas (Using Professor Xavier to mentally attack mutants, for example) but the comic has far more heavier subject matter.

The first 4 pages shows an anti-mutant "Purifier" team killing two children and then stringing them up on playground swings to be found the next morning. Chillingly, this scene takes place about 30 minutes away from me in Westport, CT.

There's also a rather vivid racial slur on page 5.

Also, Stryker's preachings are really amazing to read and he's a whole lot more evil than he was in the movie.

The original print of this runs for about $12. I suggest you read it if you can.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

..."Hey, people loved the fight with *one* Agent Smith... what if, we had, like, a hundred of them? That'd be so awesome."
Granted, it has nothing to do with aliens per se, but has no one noticed that agent Smith is, essentially, a "MIB" (=Man In Black)?...

And since there was an Agent Smith in "Men In Black", ergo a ripoff of "M.I.B." as well?.... hmmmm...

Agent Smith is suppose to represent a G-Man. More of a "Suit", a "Fed" or a "Gestapo" than a mystical "MIB".

Agent Smith is suppose to represent a G-Man. More of a "Suit", a "Fed" or a "Gestapo" than a mystical "MIB".

A "Fed" or a "Gestapo" had names, and it was *possible* to defeat them conventionally.

They were not super-human, or non-human, like the agents on Matrix.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
In this one where they try to explain that previous versions of the matrix are why there are vampires is not only incredibly dumb -- but it completely ruins the original idea.

Actually if you watch it again *cough* you'll find that they blame vampires and ghosts on buggy "programs".

But yes, not as good as the original and way too heavy on the philisophical BS and that dancing bit was totally useless.

Granted, it has nothing to do with aliens per se, but has no one noticed that agent Smith is, essentially, a "MIB" (=Man In Black)?...

And since there was an Agent Smith in "Men In Black", ergo a ripoff of "M.I.B." as well?.... hmmmm...

There is no Agent Smith in MIB. All MIB are assigned letters. EG Agent Kay(Tommy Lee Jones), Jay (Will Smith), [Chief] Zed (Rip Torn), Elle who only showed at the end of MIB.

How does having super powers change one from being a "Fed" to an "MIB"?

These kids today love 'raves'! Lets put a 'rave' in The Matrix 2! That can be what the last remnants of mankind do for fun! This isn't incredibly stupid at all!

Also: people love neon. What if people wearing neon attack Batman for no reason?

Back