X-Men 2 (warning: spoilers)

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
Hey anyone knows whats the music in the begining,(NightCrawler attacks the presedent) ?

Its classic but I cant remember the name
 

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Originally posted by LeHah
...I thought the original X-Men movie made him just right; benevolent to a point.
Uh, must have missed that; WHERE exactly was he benevolent at *all* in X1?...:confused:
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Tiger's Claw: It's Mozart's Dies Irae.

Preacher: Well, thats more of opinion probably but his "Land Of Tolerance" rant to Rouge and the fact that he doesn't want to do what he does to her shows that he has a twisted sense of morality.
 

Preacher

Swabbie
Banned
Originally posted by LeHah
Tiger's Claw: It's Mozart's Dies Irae.
WTF?...

And, about Magneto: Ah....

BTW, I saw X2 today: SCHWEEEEEET!!!!!!...
It may even be better'n the first (and that's high praise from me, considering that it's one of the few movies I ever spent the money to see TWICE while it was still in the theaters...).
 

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
Better than the first? Naah.

I'll tell you what it is better than, though. It's better than The Matrix Reloaded. Of course, that's not very high praise. In fact, it's not praise at all :rolleyes:.
 

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
About the matrix... I've heard both good and bad. Mostly either REALLY good or REALLY awful. I enjoyed the first, but didn't think it was the best movie ever or "revolutionary" as many do, and I'll definetely eventually see Matrix 2, but, why the bad opinion?
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Thank you very much my friend
I could be wrong. For a while, I thought it was Verdi's "Dies Irae", so I'm not always right.

As for Matrix Reloaded, don't go in expecting the Second Coming or some revolutionary film. It's a fun romp with little plot. Three out of four of the philisophical discussions struck me as totally unnessessary, but the last one was pretty darn dandy.

Anyone expecting true-to-life, photogenic CGI is an idiot, becuase I've heard people complain that you could tell 1 in 100 effects shots it was CG. Well, *duh*, it's CG.

But it's fun and worth watching but don't expect the "Hazaa!" you got from the original.
 

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
Originally posted by Mav23
About the matrix... I've heard both good and bad. Mostly either REALLY good or REALLY awful. I enjoyed the first, but didn't think it was the best movie ever or "revolutionary" as many do, and I'll definetely eventually see Matrix 2, but, why the bad opinion?
Its script. It's one of the worst scripts I've ever seen in a movie. There's a vast amount of talking, but most of the talking is just waffle - people's mouths move and sound comes out, but nothing interesting (or, in some cases, even comprehensible) is actually said. Plus, where the original film had a neat, simple concept, this one is all muddled up.
And the fight scenes are... well, boring. There really isn't much room for tension in any scene that involves Neo, for obvious reasons. I mean, they're not bad, but... *shrug*
 

Ijuin

Admiral
Originally posted by Delance
One question for you comic book fans... Didn't it seem a little out of character for Magneto to try to kill *all* mankind? I didn't remember him as a genocidal mass murderer from the comics; he was more of an anti-hero. Well, I didn't read all that much, so I might be wrong.

But given his origins in the movie, it seems strange that he would choose this course of action. Isn't that kind of thing what he was supposed to try to prevent? Yeah, I know contradictions are part of being a comic book movie supervillain.
Well I think that Magneto telling Jason to have Xavier kill all the humans on Earth was a panicked reaction to Stryker's attempt to do the same to all mutants. Also, there may have been some sort of "runaway train" effect with Xavier and Cerebro--that is, Xavier was nearly finished with the buildup to kill all the mutants, and shutting him off at that moment would have been like stopping an explosion. Thus, the alternative was for Magneto to have the deadly psychic force redirected at some other large target, and at the moment Magneto may have gone overboard by ordering him to kill ALL humans.

The thing that I don't get is how Xavier was coerced exactly. Illusions alone would not be enough to make Xavier use deadly force intentionally. There would have had to be some kind of mental compulsion working as well.
 

Col.Dom

Spaceman
Originally posted by LeHah
As for Matrix Reloaded, don't go in expecting the Second Coming or some revolutionary film. It's a fun romp with little plot.
Well said. That is my take on it. The fight scenes kept me entertained and there were plenty. Plus, even though the effects were obvious CG, I thought they were great. Also, Agent Smith is the man :cool:

Now, is it just me, or did that movie have an Empire Strikes Back air about it?
 

Viper61

Spaceman
I agree with just about everyones interpretation of the new matrix movie. Did anyone stick aournd and see the trailer for the Matrix 3 at the end of it? That was a waste of 10 min going through the longest set of credits ever made for a 45 second preview that just left me going, " do I really want to see the next one?"

C-ya
 

Col.Dom

Spaceman
Originally posted by Viper61
Did anyone stick aournd and see the trailer for the Matrix 3 at the end of it?
Wow! I had no idea there was a teaser trailer at the end! HAHAHA! Serves me right for never sitting through the credits. Sorry but that Rage song is so three years ago... HAHA!

Actually, by that time, I was still giddy from the T3: Rise of the Machines trailer. Now who saw that?? Incredible, eh?
 

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Matrix 2: Matrices was about as much fun as being hit by a really nice car.

Pokemon 5, however, was awesome.
 

Ghost

Emperor
Originally posted by Viper61
I agree with just about everyones interpretation of the new matrix movie. Did anyone stick aournd and see the trailer for the Matrix 3 at the end of it? That was a waste of 10 min going through the longest set of credits ever made for a 45 second preview that just left me going, " do I really want to see the next one?"

C-ya
I saw only the trailer that comes with ''Enter the Matrix'' , don´t know if it is the same.
 

Col.Dom

Spaceman
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Matrix 2: Matrices was about as much fun as being hit by a really nice car.

Pokemon 5, however, was awesome.
Oh man, that's hilarious!! :D

Matrix 2: Matrices... clever! HAHAHA!!
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Originally posted by Quarto
Its script. It's one of the worst scripts I've ever seen in a movie.
You're smoking crack. Platoon is the worst movie script ever. It's just a bunch of random scenes on a bunch of paper. It only came together in post production. His original "Conan The Barbarian" script is very similar.

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Now, is it just me, or did that movie have an Empire Strikes Back air about it?
Not even remotely. Me farting has more of an air of ESB than Reloaded.

T3 looks doomed. I mean, shit, a female Terminator? What next? A crippled, mulatto Terminator who speaks with a lisp?

Also, the fact that the new Terminator model is called TX makes me want to hit Jonathan Mostow in the face with a tire iron.
 
Top