X-Men 2 (warning: spoilers)

Mystique is Nightcrawler's Mother.

I wonder if they'll make Rouge fly in X3 (they would have to do it differently than that of the comics and the animated series)

Originally posted by TopGun

I wonder if they'll make Rouge fly in X3 (they would have to do it differently than that of the comics and the animated series)

Mystique was also Rogue's adopted mother, don't forget.

Rogue flew in the comics/series only because she completely absorbed Ms. Marvel's powers, hence her invulnerability, flight, super strength. I doubt they'd do that in the movies though, esp with the beating-over-the-head-obviousness of the next plot line.

Mystique was also Rogue's adopted mother, don't forget.

She isn't anyone's mother in the movies, apparently. Not only she's not old enought, but this part of the story simply couldn't be carried away.

Since Mystique is a shapeshifter, it's theoretically possible that she can look younger than she is, what is of course another advantage.

Originally posted by Delance
She isn't anyone's mother in the movies, apparently. Not only she's not old enought, but this part of the story simply couldn't be carried away.

Since Mystique is a shapeshifter, it's theoretically possible that she can look younger than she is, what is of course another advantage.
Some alternate things to think about:

1) That she's nightcrawler's mom is known from the comic. We aren't given the entire mythos of each character because there simply isn't room for it in a movie format.

2) Actually, because of the dark blue-ness of her skin (and its, well, "scaliness"), we prolly couldn't see any wrinkles/age lines she might have anyway. Plus, she might have as part of her mutation (like Logan) healing powers that enable her appearance to be younger than her years (a hint of this is seen in the fact that she recovered so nicely/quickly from Wolverine's impalement of her in X1).

A question: Who is Nightcrawler's Dad in the Comics?...

I'm pretty sure Nightcrawler's dad remains unknown.

Then again, Mystique hung around with Apocalypse quite a bit...

Originally posted by Preacher
the fact that she recovered so nicely/quickly from Wolverine's impalement of her in X1[/B]

Now that you mention it, Wolverine uses his claws to impale 3 women, and all three of which are attracted / fall for him. How freaking bizarre.

Mystique - Impaled on X1, Wants to have sex with him on X2

Rogue - Impaled on X1, has a thing for him X1 (and X2?)

Asian Girl with Claws - Isn't she a comic character that loved Wolverine?

Logan was involved with a woman named Yuriko Oyama for a number of years. She later was warped by her father, Lord Darkwind, genius/mad experiments which also lead to the adamantium bonding system that was forced on Wolverine and Bullseye.

She later named herself Lady Deathstryke.

Too bad we didn't get to learn much about her this time around. Maybe in the next movie we'll get some history?

No real point. The characters in the movie aren't nessessarily the same in the comics. Case in point: Stryker said he gave Logan his claws, when in "Origins", Logan is shown to have sprouted claws at the round-about age of 12.

Not to mention, shes dead.

Originally posted by LeHah
...Stryker said he gave Logan his claws, when in "Origins", Logan is shown to have sprouted claws at the round-about age of 12....
I never read Origins, but I remember reading thru some of my stepson's XMen comix, and saw a few issues when Logan didn't have the Adamantium bonding; he still sprouted claws; they looked as if they were bone.
Thus, it appears as if they were part of his original mutation; which goes along with what you noted in "Origins". Further, I recall hearing something in X1 that stated that mutants tend to manifest their powers at puberty.

Oh, well, I'm glad they changed the part about the claws. For some reason it seems better to have them implants instead of the actual mutation and his mutation for an excuse. Who else thinks Wolverine's claws are also way cooler in the movie than in the comics/t.v. show?

Theres a few ideas of the origin Wolverine's claws before Origins confirmed it. People suggested that the boneclaws first seen in Wolverine #75 (I think thats the right number) were his healing factor compinsating for the adamentium ripped from him by Magneto in X-Men #25.

One question for you comic book fans... Didn’t it seem a little out of character for Magneto to try to kill *all* mankind? I didn’t remember him as a genocidal mass murderer from the comics; he was more of an anti-hero. Well, I didn’t read all that much, so I might be wrong.

But given his origins in the movie, it seems strange that he would choose this course of action. Isn’t that kind of thing what he was supposed to try to prevent? Yeah, I know contradictions are part of being a comic book movie supervillain.

One question for you comic book fans... Didn’t it seem a little out of character for Magneto to try to kill *all* mankind? I didn’t remember him as a genocidal mass murderer from the comics; he was more of an anti-hero. Well, I didn’t read all that much, so I might be wrong.

Admittedly, I haven't been a huge comics fan since the early 90s. However, from what I picked up out of curiosity, Genosha became a nation. Magneto usurped political power and amassed the ultimate mutant army there. I have one issue from that- X-Men #111. It's part of the "Eve of Destruction" storyline. Admittedly, I only have that one issue... but it clearly outlines Magneto's intentions. The annihilation of humans/non-mutants.

didn’t remember him as a genocidal mass murderer from the comics; he was more of an anti-hero. Well, I didn’t read all that much, so I might be wrong.

Magneto changes from writer to writer. He was benevolent in some storylines (God Loves, Man Kills which X2 is VERY loosely based on), an outright hero in others (He was the leader of the X-Men for a while) and others a madman (Magneto #0 shows how hard life screws him over and how violently he retaliates).

I thought the original X-Men movie made him just right; benevolent to a point but also willing to do horrible things to get his way.

Back