Worst wingman in wc serie

Edfilho said:
The Military guys in Priv2 are quite adept at shooting you if you're in their way.
They seem to have a very low tolerance for "friendly fire". This is a bad thing considering you shoot 5-8 bolts a second :).

C-ya

PRiv2 is rather non-WC -ish in this aspect, usually in WC you have to fire short bursts to maximize gun energy. In priv2 you just hose the place... I think that in general guns in P2 are weaker and faster.

i think spirit in WC1 is the worst pilot and maniac too (he is good but he is too dangerous... for himself!)
in wc3 vaquero was poor altough he always agrees with orders in wc4 maniac is the best, maybe panther the worst, in wc5 it's hard to say...

There is no "WC5". Just Prophecy. I read in a magazine before its release that they were very adamant about that. It wasn't to be referred to as 'Wing Commander 5', but rather 'Wing Commander Prophecy'

Up until very recently it was a rule in Hollywood that a sequel could expect to make less money than the movies that came before it... so a lot of genre things decided to drop their numbers: all the Star Treks after six and so forth. Origin decided to give this a try with their last generation of single player games... so we got Ultima: Ascension instead of Ultima 9 and Wing Commander Prophecy instead of Wing Commander V.

IMHO this depends on the number. A part 2 or three might be good for marketing and also will have people buying the prequels. OTOH I'd not buy Ultima 9 if that is the first one for me as I KNOW (or at least thinkl to know) beforehand that I missed 8 parts.

Change of topic,

***The most pathetic character***

Il say Rachel, how she tries to get blair from the begining...
Maniac is also very pathetic put it fit hi :D

Change of topic,

***The most pathetic character***

Il say Rachel, how she tries to get blair from the begining... shes enoying...
Maniac is also very pathetic but it fit him :D, and how he always try to get promoted,

"Just think, Maniac: now you don't have to worry about that Confed promotion that came through."

"My promotion came through? MY PROMOTION CAME THROUGH?!? YE-- Confed . . . that's not right . . Hey!"

lightspeed.jpg

Sure, I suck... but what about...

SELECT.GIF

Dingo, Gauntlet, Rusty and Harridan?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always took Maniac out for the most part. I often would get the cutscene from Eisen about taking the other pilots out for morale or something along those lines in the first couple of missions I played, I forget actually what game it was... Im leaning towards HoTG.

Maniac was probably the worst wingman I ever had the grisly misfortune of flying alongside. Disobedient, arrogant beyond all measures and whenever things would get to hot (especially in WC2) he would always seem to "Hear his mother calling" and run leaving me in a sticky situation. The best wingman I ever got to fly with was Iceman in WC1. He could tear through cats like they were flying paper airplanes, always obeyed orders, and knew when to keep his mouth shut.

Yes I'd say Maniac is the worst wingman for Wing Commander 1. I never had a problem though with the AI with him in WC3 or WC4.

Nafé

Back