Worst wingman in wc serie

Although he can be quite a pain in the ass (especially in his earlier years) Maniac does have an essential place on your wing in certain situations...I mean he does go to kilrah with blair...so he's good for something...

without Maniac there to piss him off, Blair wouldnt have had as much motivation to carry on in the war. He would have lost his rival.

Edfilho said:
the most ironic thing is that he's the only one to survive in the end.

To quote Blair lecturing Catscratch on imitating Maniac in WC4:

"Maniac leads a charmed life. There's one on every ship--but only one."

Fenris Ulven said:
a better place

Didn't Maniac score about 1000 kills during the war? He's taken out more fighters then most ship's entire attachments. Does he get the red carpet treatment. No!

Always Blair this, Blair that... What's this guy like... 4000 years old? :mad:

I thought Sky from WC-II was pretty sad; you get her and Shelton on one of the missions where you fly an Epee. If you can avoid the both of them shooting you down, they'll both usually wind up dying somewhere along the way. Though I usually shoot her down myself once just to hear her death scream.

"My God the engines are blowing! Help...HELP!"

It's great the way she screams it out, especially for WC-II era voices.

Mekt-Hakkikt said:
Probably more than 1000, since he gets his 2000th and 2001st in 2681.

My case exactly.

Maniac flavoured up the WC Universe. He's really one of the reasons why I love Wing Commander :p

Blair: "Give me a status report!"
Maniac: "Who are you, my mother?"

Oh yes; I don't think anyone would seriously deny that. I didn't think he'd play such a big role when I played SO2 but it's nice to have somebody all along with Blair. Though I liked him as a weirdo (like WC1 and 2) a bit more, he was more unusual. But I woudn't want to miss Maniac. But then again: I like Maestro...

Mekt-Hakkikt said:
Oh yes; I don't think anyone would seriously deny that. I didn't think he'd play such a big role when I played SO2 but it's nice to have somebody all along with Blair. Though I liked him as a weirdo (like WC1 and 2) a bit more, he was more unusual. But I woudn't want to miss Maniac. But then again: I like Maestro...

He's at his best in WC4, I think... ;)

Back