Worst wingman in wc serie

Fenris Ulven

Spaceman
Who is the worst (wingman) in the whole wc serie?

I have only played wc 1, wc2, wc3 and wc4. and my experience is that the worst wingman was Maniac. If i ever should have been given a carrier or something it should have been named: "Suicedel, sucidel incane or something like that" :rolleyes:

I apologies for my spelling mistakes

Damn, Loaf beat me to it...

And Maniac is the best wingman ever. He does not require much babysitting and always takes good care of those pesky Kilrathi corvettes.

Starkey said:
Damn, Loaf beat me to it...

And Maniac is the best wingman ever. He does not require much babysitting and always takes good care of those pesky Kilrathi corvettes.

strongly disagree, in wc3 and wc4 he may not need much babysitting but in wc1 you have todo it all time. and a pilot that cant do something as easy as follow orders isent worth the rocker (no spare the rockets at more importen targets :p ).

Fenris Ulven said:
bacon boy, im not remember him, from wich game?

Bacon Boy was a "generic" wingman in WC3 - I think he appeared if you were on the "losing" scenario and during certain battles (I think he's present during one of the Behemoth "guarding" levels)

Maniac sucked. He stole kills, disobeyed orders, ejected a lot... Hobbes was always better. He kept formation when you wanted the kills and killed enemies fast when you got into trouble. Flint was also great.

Maniac and Flint both sucked ass simply because they would turn tail and run when things got hot and you needed them the most. The only wingman I can think of who would not leave your side no matter what was Vaquero.

I liked Hobbes a lot! The thing with Maniac was that I'd compete with kills with him...he'd be trying to kill something or I would and he would always shoot me and sometimes even kill me. Bastard. :mad:

Vagabond was always my favorite for the 'stick by you' pilot. In terms of pure skill, Flash on Nightmare is a piece of work. In the sim battle, I always have to wait till he runs out of afterburner fuel to kill him and even then hes a pain in the butt to finally get in your crosshairs. Let him loose on the Kilrathi and the kid will kill fighters in seconds. He doesn't obey orders worth a damn, but he's a one man wrecking crew, which is a huge plus on the higher levels (When your worried about making it through some of the missions, not how many kills you get).

C-ya

Maniac was the most annoying wingman to say the least and the worst in wc1...
some of the generic ones in wc4 weren't that great..

Maniac always pissed me off. I'd tell him to return to base just for the hell of it and he never listened. I like the wingman that always obeys my completely asinine commands. :p

But seriously, Maniac sucks.

Viper61 said:
which is a huge plus on the higher levels (When your worried about making it through some of the missions, not how many kills you get).

No offense, but, I really hope you're not still having that problem.

Yeah, I'd have to say Maniac too. He never followed orders and would often do something stupid. Paladin, in WC1 was weak too. He sure as Hell got caught with "his pants down" an awful lot.

overmortal said:
No offense, but, I really hope you're not still having that problem.
Try Caliban 2 or Loki 1 or the mission after your "get drunk" choice with one life on Nightmare. I don't like trying a single mission over and over again till I finally win. Fighting a battle over and over and over again till you don't die isn't the same as being a good WC pilot ;).

C-ya

Knight was reeeeally awfull in wc1. The two kyoto pilots in wc1 did suck hard too... I always bypassed them when going and killed them when returning.

Edfilho said:
Knight was reeeeally awfull in wc1.

You really thought so? I felt Knight and Spirit were the two best wingmen in WC1. Hunter, Angel and Bossman were so-so to above average, Paladin was very poor, and I never had to fly with Maniac (thank God).

Knight is actually a competant wingman. He's reliable, but doesn't steal your kills.

And, Viper, I've played all those missions. It's just that I don't have to replay missions. I just win. And, the 'drunk' mission is quite fun, and a good challenge, but I beat it too.

But, I don't want to turn this into an "oh yeah, well I did *this*" debate, so I'll not brag any further. :)

overmortal said:
And, Viper, I've played all those missions. It's just that I don't have to replay missions. I just win. And, the 'drunk' mission is quite fun, and a good challenge, but I beat it too.

The 'drunk' mission?

Back